RADIAC RADIATION METER

In Electronics > Show & Tell.
Electronics21 of 567Silverstone stereo radio phonograph 1906WW2 Japanese Lab Stadard

PoliticalPinbacksPoliticalPinbacks loves this.
SpiritBearSpiritBear loves this.
AnythingObscureAnythingObscure loves this.
blunderbuss2blunderbuss2 loves this.
CaperkidCaperkid loves this.
MacDaddyRicoMacDaddyRico loves this.
PhilDMorrisPhilDMorris loves this.
iggyiggy loves this.
racer4fourracer4four loves this.

Posted 4 months ago

CWcollection

a very sensitive radiation meter . It is able to detect the radioactivity from the green depression glassware , pottery , earth or metal samples and background radiation. It can be set to monitor background radiation and set off an alarm if the radiation reaches a certain level.
If there is ever an atomic bomb explode in the U.S. It will let me know!

Comments

1. racer4four racer4four, 4 months ago
    Awesome. I love the look of it too!
  2. MacDaddyRico MacDaddyRico, 4 months ago
    Carry it to your local restaurant to scan your fish dinner...
  3. blunderbuss2 blunderbuss2, 4 months ago
    Good one, MacD
  4. MacDaddyRico MacDaddyRico, 4 months ago
    Seriously, blunderbuss2...since Fukushima...
  5. blunderbuss2 blunderbuss2, 4 months ago
    Well, still not one of my 3 wishes. LOL !
  6. SpiritBear SpiritBear, 4 months ago
    I need this to see how safe my radium watches are to wear!
  7. CWcollection CWcollection, 3 months ago
    SpiritBear
    I have checked many radium dial watches and found that none had a reading . Radium has a half life of about 7 years. The latest tritium that have tritium vials show no radiation emitted from the watch. Tritium watche vial have a half life of 7 years . So in 7 years the glow will drop to about 50% less.
    Green depression glasswear,shows quite a bit of radiation but at a safe level, unless you are very close to it all the time ,like wearing a bowl on your head. 1500/ per minute.
    .The background radiation from cosmic is about 40 counts per minute. Tho 40 counts /min X minutes in your life ?

8. SpiritBear SpiritBear, 3 months ago
    How about WW1 trench watches? Or did you scan only a 1950s watch? The earlier ones had a lot more.
    Thanks for the info.
  9. CWcollection CWcollection, 3 months ago
    SpiritBear
    I have not seen a wwI trench watch. many u WWII watches indicated very little radiation.
    I scanned some instruments in a WWII German F190 that showed a Good radiation level but not compared to green depression glass,which used uranium to get the green color. I have in my green depression glass and they register .
  10. CWcollection CWcollection, 3 months ago
    Radium 226 has a half life of 1600 years, There are many isotopes of radium ,some last a few years, or days or seconds
    There was a scrap dealer in Mexico who obtained a medical radiation instrument.
    He discovered a container of radium glowing green He tool it home and gave it to his kids who played with it. The whole family died and the contaminated house And some surrounding properties has to be torn down and disposed of some place.

11. SpiritBear SpiritBear, 3 months ago
    Ouch. Sad story there.
    I am curious because of a WW1 trench watch I'd like to wear. Its numbers and hands are thickly painted in old radium.
  12. CWcollection CWcollection, 3 months ago
    SpiritBear
    The trenchwatches had hands that were painted with radium. They stopped glowing because the phosphor was damaged by the radium. The Radium still had it's full 1600 year half life. So It is true that they can be a hazard. The radium can flake off because of the deterioration ofthe glue,gum Arabic? I have never seen one.
  13. PoliticalPinbacks PoliticalPinbacks, 3 months ago