Some miscellaneous necklaces

In Costume Jewelry > Costume Necklaces > Show & Tell.
Costume Necklaces10 of 869Darling Pearl Collar NecklaceWooden necklace - vintage?

VintagefranVintagefran loves this.
TassieDevilTassieDevil loves this.
Hel1Hel1 loves this.
fortapachefortapache loves this.
PhilDMorrisPhilDMorris loves this.

Posted 1 month ago

racer4four

Some necklaces that have arrived over the last few months or so.
None have marks that I could find.

#1 Plastic beads and an OTT bunch of flowers and fruit. I though this likely to be 1980s, when big was best. Sorry about the dust; clearly it has not been cleaned.

#2 A string of malachite beads, quite old I think.
The blue necklace appears to be of glass beads, beautifully shaped and graded.

#3 A little silver bracelet with cultured pearls and semi-precious unshaped stones.
The gold necklace in the centre may be worn rolled gold or just a cheap gold metal, but is unmarked.
The red/clear/green glass necklace is simply made but looks nice on.

#4 Almost a Bonnie moment when I picked up the simple cultured pearl necklace for $1!
The other necklace is glass and glows well under light. Interestingly the whole thing is threaded onto string, and I doubt if it has been rethreaded.

Comments

1. PhilDMorris PhilDMorris, 1 month ago
    Gorgeous pics racer :)
  2. racer4four racer4four, 1 month ago
    Thanks Phil; the camera does the work for me!
  3. racer4four racer4four, 1 month ago
    Thanks Jan, but being non hort I had to look up plumeria :)
    Of course I know the frangipani! I think it was a bit of a style thing in the 80s too, so you are probs correct.
  4. TassieDevil TassieDevil, 1 month ago
    All great Karen but I really love the Malachite necklace and the blue beads!

One thing I do miss in tas is the frangipani! I attempted to grow one once but it just was not going to happen:-(
  5. IronLace IronLace, 1 month ago
    The first one is SO 80s! I have a plastic flower bead necklace I got from a boutique in 1983-84. Felt so grown up getting it! :-)
    I also have a lot of glass bead necklaces from the 30s - 60s era. Something about collecting glass makes one end up with a multitude of other small items made from glass like beads & buttons, as they display all the many techniques of glassmaking in miniature form.
    Those custardy uranium beads look particularly interesting!
  6. nutsabotas6 nutsabotas6, 1 month ago
    I agree with all of the above !! The blue necklace is my fave...It's gorgeous ! :)
  7. lentilka11, 1 month ago
    I like the purple one
  8. Ms.CrystalShip Ms.CrystalShip, 1 month ago
    I like the one that has the little "ruby" dangles.
    I have a thing for dangles. Lol
  9. racer4four racer4four, 1 month ago
    Thanks Judy. The malachite is great but like you, the blue is a fave.
    I have some frangipani growing here in Sydney Judy. I love the flowers but the tree is pretty ugly without leaves I think :)
  10. racer4four racer4four, 1 month ago
    Lol IronLace! We were so grown up with our big clothes and hair in the80s!!
    I agree, glass beads get me more than metal jewellery, and I am often testing things I find to see if they are glass! Thanks for the love and comment.
  11. racer4four racer4four, 1 month ago
    Ken, you are not alone. It's a great piece and quite different to others. Thanks for visiting mate.
  12. racer4four racer4four, 1 month ago
    Thanks Lentilka for picking a favourite and giving some love!
  13. racer4four racer4four, 1 month ago
    Ms Crystal, what's not to love about a dangle lol. Thanks!
  14. kyratango kyratango, 1 month ago
    A new saying from now... Neck-less is more!!! ;-)
    You got a bunch of lovelies! Lol for the Bonnie moment :-D
    Agree with Ken for the blue one being special, and the glowing one.
  15. racer4four racer4four, 1 month ago
    You know I love glass Pascale, so those two are top of my list too! Thanks mate.