Trifari 'Ghost' Cat and 'Ghost' Owl Pendants

In Costume Jewelry > Trifari Jewelry > Show & Tell.
Trifari Jewelry173 of 347Crown Trifari braceletTrifari Owl and Turtle Wire-Wrapped Lucite Necklaces

fhrjr2fhrjr2 loves this.
valentino97valentino97 loves this.
Ms.CrystalShipMs.CrystalShip loves this.
TimeTravellerTimeTraveller loves this.
TigraTigra loves this.
NewfldNewfld loves this.

DanteDream…

Just wanted to share my lovely Trifari 'Ghost' Owl and Cat Pendants. They are so different to anything else I've seen, quite heavy, and the chain is a gorgeous thick 'twisted' gold. I wear the owl pendant often and people love it. The cat pendant was still in it's original plastic bag with the price on it & has the original gold Trifari label still attached, so I've decided not to wear it for now. Would anyone happen to know what year these were made and if there were any other 'animals' made by Trifari in this same style? Thank you :)

logo
    Trifari Jewelry
    VINTAGE ALFRED PHILIPPE TRIFARI RED CHRISTMAS CHRYSANTHEMUM FLOWER PIN #7112
    VINTAGE ALFRED PHILIPPE TRIFARI RED...
    $1,525
    CHIC VINTAGE MODERNIST TRIFARI GOLD PLATE PENDANT NECKLACE
    CHIC VINTAGE MODERNIST TRIFARI GOLD...
    $48
    VINTAGE ALFRED PHILIPPE TRIFARI CHRISTMAS CHRYSANTHEMUM FLOWER EARRINGS #7111
    VINTAGE ALFRED PHILIPPE TRIFARI CHR...
    $208
    VINTAGE TRIFARI ETOILE AURORA BOREALIS RHINESTONE LAVA ROCK ART GLASS BROOCH
    VINTAGE TRIFARI ETOILE AURORA BOREA...
    $56
    logo
    VINTAGE ALFRED PHILIPPE TRIFARI RED CHRISTMAS CHRYSANTHEMUM FLOWER PIN #7112
    VINTAGE ALFRED PHILIPPE TRIFARI RED...
    $1,525

Comments

1. Ms.CrystalShip Ms.CrystalShip, 2 years ago
      Once again... Ken will help you.
      Beautiful pendants!
      Quite unique indeed!
    2. valentino97 valentino97, 2 years ago
      There's an owl on ebay right now, listed as Crown Trifari from 1960's.
    3. nutsabotas6 nutsabotas6, 2 years ago
      These pieces are from the mid to late 1950's. The one with the paper tag means it was probably never worn. Looking at the owl, it's in about the same condition. The cat has a stock number, followed by the letter P. It stands for pendant. Pieces with original tags, boxes etc. are always a plus ! :)
    4. racer4four racer4four, 2 years ago
      Fantastic fun. $5 would have been a lot back then for costume jewellery!
    5. DanteDreaming DanteDreaming, 2 years ago
      Thank you Eileen for the lovely comment :)
    6. DanteDreaming DanteDreaming, 2 years ago
      Thank you so much Ken! it's so nice to be able to know more about my lovely Trifari pendants. The plastic bag the cat came in was still sealed shut with a price label on the outside, so it's definitely never been worn. I had owned the Owl pendant for some time when I saw the cat pendant pop up for sale. I'm still hoping there were more pieces made in this design that are out there somewhere as they're so unique :)
    7. DanteDreaming DanteDreaming, 2 years ago
      Thank you Valentino97 :) I'm still hoping I might come across some different pieces that were made in this same style.
    8. DanteDreaming DanteDreaming, 2 years ago
      Thank you racer4four, I agree that would have been a lot of money back then for costume jewellery! It is quite a heavy pendant and chain too.
    9. DanteDreaming DanteDreaming, 2 years ago
      Thank you so much for the love everyone! :D
      Newfld
      Trey
      TassieDevil
      fortapache
      lisa
      racer4four
      kyratango
      nutsabotas6
      valentino97
      Ms.CrystalShip
      TimeTraveller
      Tigra
    10. PhilDMorris PhilDMorris, 2 years ago
      These are gorgeous and to be treasured !~
    11. DanteDreaming DanteDreaming, 2 years ago
      Thank you Phil, that's very kind of you to say :)
    12. valentino97 valentino97, 2 years ago
      As usual - way to go Ken! He's an expert. I have not seen any more critters :)
    13. fhrjr2 fhrjr2, 2 years ago
      Dante is your mascot in the photo a conure? I love owls also. I had two orphaned owls a couple years ago. They were just fuzz only about three days old. Owls are fun.
    14. fhrjr2 fhrjr2, 2 years ago
      Check out this link for other Trifari animal pendants.

15. fhrjr2 fhrjr2, 2 years ago
      Your Trifari ghost pendant is on that link in two different colors along with other owls and animals
    16. DanteDreaming DanteDreaming, 2 years ago
      Thank you Valentino97 and thank you for the love :)
    17. DanteDreaming DanteDreaming, 2 years ago
      Thank you for the love fhrjr2! I saw you have a bird on your shoulder in your avatar also - so cute! I can't see what it is, but I'm guessing it's well trained :) My bird, Wattyl, is actually an Australian opaline red-rumped parrot. He's a lovely rescue boy, but not very tame.
      I love owls too and it's great that you were able to look after some that had been orphaned :) I don't get to see that many owls where I live unfortunately - but that might just be that I'm not outside looking for them at night - there's too many spiders out at night...
      About the ghost pendants, I have seen that particular store on Etsy, and there always seems to be a lot of them available in so many different colours, so I'm just not sure.
      Much love to your birdy :D
    18. DanteDreaming DanteDreaming, 2 years ago
    19. fhrjr2 fhrjr2, 2 years ago
      Dante The one napping on me in the picture is a Quaker parrot. He was about 10 days old in that picture. He was one of four from that hatch. I am down to eight birds now and that is more than enough at my age. Three of mine are rescue birds that needed a forever home. I used to breed Quakers.