What is this I have no ideal

In Tools and Hardware > Show & Tell.
Tools and Hardware978 of 8385What is this W Marples & Sons Tool?Brush saw?

jscott0363jscott0363 loves this.
ToyrebelToyrebel loves this.
bobby725bobby725 loves this.
WatchsearcherWatchsearcher loves this.
fortapachefortapache loves this.
blunderbuss2blunderbuss2 loves this.

Posted 1 year ago

BDManasco
    (1 item)

I found this in my stepdads vintage tools I have no ideal what it is, can y’all help me? Thanks very mich

logo
    Tools and Hardware
    VINTAGE MARBLES AXE HANDLE GOAT FOOT AXE HANDLE nos MARBLES GLADSTONE MICH AXE
    VINTAGE MARBLES AXE HANDLE GOAT FOO...
    $13
    Lie Nielsen No 041 Small Shoulder Plane
    Lie Nielsen No 041 Small Shoulder P...
    $100
    Original Authentic VTG Jewelry Key Lane Miniature Mini Cedar Chest Box *KEY ONLY
    Original Authentic VTG Jewelry Key ...
    $13
    Stanley No.10 1/2 Carriage Makers Rabbet Plane Small Sweetheart
    Stanley No.10 1/2 Carriage Makers R...
    $153
    logo
    VINTAGE MARBLES AXE HANDLE GOAT FOOT AXE HANDLE nos MARBLES GLADSTONE MICH AXE
    VINTAGE MARBLES AXE HANDLE GOAT FOO...
    $13

Comments

1. BDManasco, 1 year ago
      I have seen tools from all around the world but never saw this one.
    2. blunderbuss2 blunderbuss2, 1 year ago
      I have seen these, but can't remember what it's for. Senility has it's advantages. I just don't remember what they are ! Probably come to me around 3:AM ! Was it whipping lead for body repairs ?
    3. Watchsearcher Watchsearcher, 1 year ago
      I can't tell by the pictures but if it is concave on one end and convex on the other end, it is a tool used in brick or block laying to finish the mortar edge between the bricks or blocks.
    4. bobby725 bobby725, 1 year ago
      Hard to tell from the pics, but Watchsearcher may be right, looks like a morter joint striker.
    5. hunterqlee hunterqlee, 1 year ago
      Wristwatches is right.
    6. hunterqlee hunterqlee, 1 year ago
      Ignor that. Watchsearcher is right.
    7. slackjack, 1 year ago
      Or perhaps..........a cotter pin removal tool. Sears used to sell them
    8. blunderbuss2 blunderbuss2, 1 year ago
      Not convinced on either. The end of a trowel is rounded for finishing mortar joints & using a separate tool would be troublesome & slow work. I have an OLD Sears cotterpin remover and it is like a screwdriver with a pointed curlecue end. I've had one of these in my hand, but can't remember the use.
    9. fhrjr2 fhrjr2, 1 year ago
      Pictures are terrible with a bad background. Aside from that it basically looks like a star adjuster that was used doing brake jobs years ago. Some used a pointed end while others used different width spoon type ends. The curve was for leverage because the star adjusters always rusted and locked up. My 2 cents.
    10. slackjack, 1 year ago
    11. Watchsearcher Watchsearcher, 1 year ago
      All the mortar trowels I've seen have a pointed tip which would make a "V" shape intention in the mortar and certainly can be used to finish the mortar.
      However, to achieve a rounded, indented or protruding mortar edge, a special tool is needed.
      I still believe this is a mason's mortar finishing tool if it does, indeed, have a concave/convex shape.
      Better pictures would help. Plus, markings may be obscured by grime in the posted pictures.
    12. Irishcollector. Irishcollector., 1 year ago
      Could it be a moulder's tool for putting the finishing touches to a sand mould?
    13. bobby725 bobby725, 1 year ago
      got a lot of ideas, need better pics.
    14. Ilikethings Ilikethings, 1 year ago
      I agree with Watchsearcher,...
    15. AnythingObscure AnythingObscure, 1 year ago
      By these fuzzy pics, I agree w/Watchsearcher too.. :-)