Posted 2 years ago
The Ditmar Brothers and the Urbach Brothers had merged what was left of their ceramics companies in 1910. The primary facility was located in Teplitz-Turn. From 1919 to 1938, they operated as Ditmar-Urbach A.G. and produced a large volume of decorative and functional ceramics.
Shown here are two vases designed with the Middle Eastern market in mind with what is sometimes referred to as the "Persian" decor. The large urn stands 8" (20.5 cm) tall with a 6" (15.2 cm) diameter. It is unmarked but impressed with numerals 40220 - a shape number traceable to Ditmar-Urbach and found in several decors. The "umbrella" vase is 7½" (19 cm) tall with a 4" (10 cm) diameter, with a generic marking used on many Ditmar-Urbach products.