I inherited this from my Grandmother

In Figurines > Show & Tell.
Figurines42 of 3564Metal Tormented FaceA Grecian Lady

kyratangokyratango loves this.
PhilDMorrisPhilDMorris loves this.
MarmorealMaidenMarmorealMaiden loves this.
blunderbuss2blunderbuss2 loves this.
fortapachefortapache loves this.
MALKEYMALKEY loves this.
WatchsearcherWatchsearcher loves this.
NewfldNewfld loves this.

Posted 3 months ago

simplylovely

Hi! I was given this and it belonged to my grandmother. I would appreciate any help in identifying what this is. It’s approximately 9” tall. Thank you so much!

logo
    Figurines
    11" Ascending Angel Statue / Sculpture Antique Bronze Color
    11" Ascending Angel Statue / Sc...
    $50
    DON QUIXOTE SANCHO PANZA Sculpture Figure Spanish Statue Antique Bronze Finish
    DON QUIXOTE SANCHO PANZA Sculpture ...
    $111
    Vintage Lot of 6 Japan Christmas Girls and Angels Ceramic Figurines Holt Howard
    Vintage Lot of 6 Japan Christmas Gi...
    $34
    4 Antique French Limoges Porcelain Trinket Boxes 2 Green Opaline Perfume Bottles
    4 Antique French Limoges Porcelain ...
    $106
    logo
    11" Ascending Angel Statue / Sculpture Antique Bronze Color
    11" Ascending Angel Statue / Sc...
    $50

Comments

1. apostata apostata, 3 months ago
      make sense a sort of art nouveau - interbellum , what is the compound of the face
    2. apostata apostata, 3 months ago
      its art deco sorry
    3. apostata apostata, 3 months ago
      captivating i am on it- onyx ? sort of flapper girl ?
    4. apostata apostata, 3 months ago
      question for the experts , which i am not ,concerning the origin Charleston flapper or non charleston flapper , Vienna coating or not
    5. apostata apostata, 3 months ago
      i am not skilled enough , and i got bad eyes ( edema ), so it is a complete guess

base onyx
      patinated resin
      face composite or painted
      flapper girl
      mid art deco 1920-1930
      origin , dont know germany / austria

6. Gillian, 3 months ago
    7. simplylovely, 3 months ago
      Thank you Gillian for the link. That helps me to know more about the piece.
    8. simplylovely, 3 months ago
      If I were to sell this piece, does anyone know where I might sell it or what it’s worth?
    9. apostata apostata, 3 months ago
      you convinced me its a harlequin , a good addendum by the way, but i still think its an interbellum pice , but maybe i got the odds against me
    10. Gillian, 3 months ago
      Well..............CW's policy is that prices are not discussed. We're here to share our finds with each other, and help each other with research. I think you have enough to search for what you want on your own?
    11. simplylovely, 3 months ago
      Thank you Gillian, I won’t be asking about that again. I appreciate this site very much and I wouldn’t want to go against policy. :)
    12. PhilDMorris PhilDMorris, 3 months ago
      These were made by H.B. Hirsch and his sons right after the war circa 1946 when they went over to France to dig up the original moulds which were hidden under the bronze foundry floors. This is one of their more popular and common figures made mostly into lamps. There are also figures made in Europe which often have major differences in the hats. Lamps are the most highly collected ones and the history is in one of my posts: