ANTIQUE SILVER MARKED DECORATED FLEUR-DE-LIS TIMBLE

In Sewing > Thimbles > Show & Tell.
Thimbles8 of 40Art deco silver thimbleAustrian Thimble

AimathenaAimathena loves this.
aghcollectaghcollect loves this.
toolate2toolate2 loves this.
DrFluffyDrFluffy loves this.

Posted 10 months ago

Agram.m

What thimble specialist can help me date this silver thimble and say something about its origin?? The mark ZII (Dutch silver mark)indicates that it contain 835 silver and imported in the Netherlands from 1953 on.
But from what other country are the other two marks! Personally, I think France because de Fleur-De-Lis decoration.
Please HELP!!

Comments

1. SEAN68 SEAN68, 10 months ago
    This is beautiful:)
  2. Agram.m Agram.m, 10 months ago
    SEAN68 if I could reach out medals you get me the trophy as the champion in terms of response speed. Thanks
  3. vetraio50 vetraio50, 10 months ago
    I see "HH" & "ZII" ....... What do you think?
    Beautiful thimble!
  4. Agram.m Agram.m, 10 months ago
    vetrai050 thanks for your comment and loving. And yes you see right. The ZII is an import mark from The Netherlands for 835 silver but I don't know the HH or
    ++ mark and the 35S mark? Do you have any idea??
  5. vetraio50 vetraio50, 10 months ago
    Is it 835s or 935S?
    It's late here I'm intrigued!
    Belgium?
  6. Agram.m Agram.m, 10 months ago
    vetrai050 I think it's 835S because of the Dutch import mark ZII (= 835 silver)
  7. Agram.m Agram.m, 10 months ago
    vetrai050 the insite of the timble is vemeil
  8. Newtimes Newtimes, 10 months ago
    I can read 935 S. I just bought today an art deco bar brooch which also has the 935 mark. I read somewhere that the 935 mark was used a lot in Germany.
  9. Agram.m Agram.m, 10 months ago
    Newtimes yes that's correct and good you can read I don't see 935S neither 835S. The last I expected to be right because of the Dutch import mark ZII = 835 silver.
    Thanks again for your interest and your always helpful and interested comment.
  10. Aimathena, 10 months ago
    Agram you have the most beautiful pieces/posts.
  11. Agram.m Agram.m, 10 months ago
    Aimathena, well thanks for your fantastic nice compliment, but it's simple to explain; it's my passion for such a long time.
  12. Aimathena, 10 months ago
    You are very welcome... and your passion surely shows in your collections.
  13. fhrjr2 fhrjr2, 10 months ago
    For the HH mark you might look up. H. Hooijkaas. 1875 - 2007 Just a guess based on the mark. I can't actually see the marks in the photo's so I am going off what you have entered above.
  14. Agram.m Agram.m, 10 months ago
    fhrjr2 a little (too) late but nevertheless thank you very much for your valuable comment. But till today I'm not sure if this is the right maker. Because of the French lily and the rest of the sewing kit parts who are French I still think it could be a French maker.
  15. Agram.m Agram.m, 10 months ago
    freiheit,petey thank you both for loving
  16. Colombe, 8 months ago
    Hello, this die is referenced under N 97 on the catalog FEAU manufacture of Dice Paris successor of the House LORILLON based(established) in 1840 the left awl I thinks that it is that of Master(Teacher) of silversmit
  17. Agram.m Agram.m, 8 months ago
    Colombe,
    Hello, many thanks to your comments. But quite honestly, English is not my native language, that's why I do not quite understand what you mean. Would you please further explain? Thanks in advance for your time and effort,

18. Vintagefran Vintagefran, 8 months ago
    Hi Agram. What a handsome thimble. I think its the nicest one I've ever seen
  19. Agram.m Agram.m, 8 months ago
    Vintagefran what a nice compliment thanks for loving and of course for your friendly comment, have a nice day!!
  20. aghcollect aghcollect, 8 months ago
    Agram.m - I believe what Columbe is saying is that the die mark is referenced as number N97 in the Alfred Feau catalog. - Alfred Feau is a French manufacturer, the successor to the House of Lorillon.
  21. Agram.m Agram.m, 4 months ago
    Colombe, ce dé était vendu à Paris par la maison Féau.
    Le poinçon de gauche, je pense qu'il représente le poinçon du maître d’orfèvre ou Maître d'ouvrage.
    En 1798 il y a eu une nouvelle loi en France pour la signalisation du travail de l'or et de l'argent.ceux qui travaillait l'or ou l'argent étaient tenus de posséder un poinçon de la filière pour marquer leur travail;
    Ces poinçons étaient autorisés à celui qui pourrait démontrer sa compétence et sa bonne moralité "maître" et enregistré auprès des autorités.A bientôt