Pachinko Machine, Mid 70's Sanyo with home made ball auger.

In Coin Operated > Slot Machines > Show & Tell and Coin Operated > Pinball Machines > Show & Tell.
Slot Machines5 of 28Vintage Casino Used Video Poker Slot Machinecirca 1900 Mills cherry Bell 6d coin op

Roycroftbooksfromme1Roycroftbooksfromme1 loves this.
HedgewalkerHedgewalker loves this.
JewelsJewels loves this.
FanciGirlFanciGirl loves this.
tom61375tom61375 loves this.
RonMRonM loves this.
Ted_StraubTed_Straub loves this.
geo26egeo26e loves this.
DrFluffyDrFluffy loves this.
kerry10456kerry10456 loves this.
aghcollectaghcollect loves this.

Posted 10 months ago

Dan121156

A few years back I acquired my first pachinko machine. The machine did need some TLC to get it so that it would function. During the process it was evident that someone prior had made the mistake and tried to clean the machine with a solvent that had an adverse effects on a few of the plastic parts. A few months later a person in Des Moines had two machines for sale, which ended up to be parts machines. One of the machines was a match with the current machine so I was able to take the two machines and make one good complete machine that worked well.
After playing the game myself and having the grandchildren play the game the effort of refilling the ball hopper got old quickly. This last winter a ball auger was created using some scrap mahogany from old door jambs, brass rod, motor from a battery operated drill, a few gears and weed eater string. Once that was working, just as well make and add a 10 cent coin mech out of plexi and a 12 volt solenoid. To power all of this I used an old computer power supply.... Quite a combination of junk which goes to show I don't throw much away :-). LOL.... more fun in the building than playing...
PachiTalk.com is a good forum for these machine, the advise given is correct and sincere when wanting to learn more about Pachinko games.
This link will provide a little more detail of this project. The craftsmanship could be better, but this was also my first attempt in adding a ball auger. (Plus I am on a cheap budget) http://dsherack.bugs3.com/Pachinko/

Comments

1. Dan121156 Dan121156, 10 months ago
    Hi Ks85!
    Me a picker LOL.. not really.. Half the fun is finding something cheep and needs work.. By the looks of things around the house, my wife would probably is disagreement on another purchase..
    We get to DSM every once in a while.. We have two children and 7 grandchildren around DSM..
    Thanks for the comment and recognition.
  2. Dan121156 Dan121156, 10 months ago
    Thanks vetraio50, Ted_Strub, Geo26, DrFluffy, Kerry10456,Nutsabolts, and aghcollect for the recognition!
  3. Dan121156 Dan121156, 10 months ago
    Thanks RonM..
  4. Dan121156 Dan121156, 2 months ago
    Thanks FanciGirl!
  5. Jewels Jewels, 2 months ago
    I almost bought one of these the other day!
  6. Dan121156 Dan121156, 2 months ago
    There are thousands of these around... A person can usually pick them up for less then $50... Some think they are worth more, maybe so with ones from the 40's.. But most of the one a person see are in the 70's and later.. Lately the are very electronic with video display and more lights and such.. usually $200-$300 will pick them up.. But with the newer ones like that, once something breaks, it is probably scrap, as parts are harder to come by... I like the more mechanical ones from the 70's and before.. They have character...
  7. Dan121156 Dan121156, 2 months ago
    Thanks Jewels..
  8. Jewels Jewels, 2 months ago
    Yeah, I saw it in this guys garage at his sake and I said, "what's that? Does it work?" He wasn't too sure and we talked about it and played around with it and it was cool and by the end, he was trying to give it to me, but It didn't work right and I thought it seemed high maintence for someone like me, who doesn't know how to work on these :)
  9. Jewels Jewels, 2 months ago
    *sale, in a sale, not a sake
  10. Dan121156 Dan121156, 2 months ago
    LOL.... I did not even notice without my computer glasses.. :-)
  11. Dan121156 Dan121156, 28 days ago
    Thanks! Roycroftbooksfromme1
  12. Weirdpuckett, 28 days ago
    I played these in Japan!lots of fun!