A glass collector's living room II

In Art Glass > Show & Tell and Furniture > Show & Tell.
Art Glass8497 of 10624A glass collector's living room IA glass collector's living room III

JewelsJewels loves this.
bratjddbratjdd loves this.
BudekBudek loves this.
guyfrmatlguyfrmatl loves this.
GlasswareGuyGlasswareGuy loves this.
AmberRoseAmberRose loves this.

austrohung…

Ok, this three posts are dedicated to all those who wonder how can I have and display such a lot of glass... and this one, in particular, to those who ask me how do I take the pictures of my glass items (see pic No. 4).

Whenever they ask me how do I display my collection they get the same answer: over any possible surface. So, here are the picures to prove it.

Pic No.1 - On the Ikea storage unit there's some of the "good glass"... the three first shelves show the work of Danish designer Jacob Bang. On the 4th there's Kaj Franck's, on 5th there's a series of decanters with ball stoppers, and maybe except for the tall one in blue, everything in there was designed by women. On the top... a lot of jugs. Over the table there's all my Strömbergshyttan (90%), KostaBoda and Orrefors stuff, plus the red Barbini ashtray, the first piece in my collection. At the bottom right you can see some items on the floor... there's a lot of glass on the floor in this room :)

Pic No.2 - this is a sample of different stuff: Höglund, Franck (the 9 different colours I've got for the Häränsilmä bowl... as far as I know there's only the moss green missing), Orup, Hovmantorp, Riihimäki, Val St. Lambert... a real mess :) Under the cabinet, a lot of glass:)

Pic No.3 - On the dining table the Lütken bowls, the Pajazzo vases by Nanny Still, plus the Perpetum Mobile bowl, and three Holmegaard vases by Christel Holmgren, Monica Riterband and Sidse Werner.

Pic No.4 - And this is the same corner turned as a photographic set... really trashy, but the result is usually good :)

I forgot to mention: except for the storage units, the Eileen Gray table and the Hoffmann and MacKintosh chairs (and the table top which I made myself), the furniture in these pics was found in the street. The hanging-lamps have been in this room since 1972, as well as the curtains...

Comments

1. austrohungaro austrohungaro, 3 years ago
    Thanks Bellin! Well, this is just one room in the house... Art work...do yu mean the paintigs? the nude ones painted myself; my portrait was painted by a good friend of mine. And the photographs are also mine:)
  2. AmberRose AmberRose, 3 years ago
    You weren't kidding, glass everywhere! Love seeing your home. I think we should all show parts of our collections in their home environment. Great idea Austro!
  3. austrohungaro austrohungaro, 3 years ago
    Yes, wherever you lok at there's glass, that's why my whole living room is in here :)
  4. austrohungaro austrohungaro, 3 years ago
    ThanksScandi! Until I found the art Déco chairs I had all blackchirs with ceam upholstery around the red table... I think it all looked great! :)
  5. austrohungaro austrohungaro, 3 years ago
    Around 60% of pictures taken, general design of website around 75%... Still a long way to get there :)
  6. austrohungaro austrohungaro, 3 years ago
    Not yet, it's not uploaded to my server yet, but don't worry, will let you know as soon as it's online :)
  7. Budek Budek, 3 years ago
    It's a privilege to get a glimpse into the inner sanctum, thanks for opening yourself up in this way.
    The glass, the paintings, the furniture,....all beautiful!

Happy Birthday Austro.
    OX
  8. austrohungaro austrohungaro, 3 years ago
    Thanks Budek :) Also thanks to Scandi and Bellin for the happy birthday wishes!!!
  9. Budek Budek, 3 years ago
    Great photos! Your house looks like a Scandinavian laboratory!:)
    Amazing pieces, and very nice paintings.
    again, Happy B'Day!
  10. austrohungaro austrohungaro, 3 years ago
    Thanks Budek! I think it's starting to lok more like a cluttered antiques shop...

As for my birthday, that was last month... is there any place here where that info is seen?
  11. Greatsnowyowl Greatsnowyowl, 3 years ago
    looks great! you must not have pets.
  12. austrohungaro austrohungaro, 3 years ago
    you're right Greatsnowyowl! No pets, no kids... just lots of glass :)
  13. vlkma238412 vlkma238412, 2 years ago
    glas,glas,glas and more glas

like the way you do your photos im having to learn haven't touched a cam in 40 years
  14. austrohungaro austrohungaro, 2 years ago
    LOL!!!

You should try! You have some really amazing glass pieces and I am sure you could bring out the best in them with practice (and a little help from photoshop!)