More Of My Ongoing "Forgotten America" Photo Series

In Photographs > Show & Tell and Petroliana > Show & Tell.
Photographs1568 of 2945Civil War CDV of Union General James B McPherson KIA Atlanta 1864Photography Trade Card - 1880

softailgaragesoftailgarage likes this.
officialfuelofficialfuel likes this.
gargoylecollectorgargoylecollector loves this.
Bruce99Bruce99 loves this.
mrmajestic1mrmajestic1 loves this.
pw-collectorpw-collector loves this.

packrat-pl…

I am currently on a leisurely trip through the Western U. S.(one of the perks of being retired), hence my absence. One of the ongoing projects on this trip is adding to my "Forgotten/Lost America" photo series. I have sporadic internet service, so I will post as I am able to. Please excuse me if I do not respond immediately, I will get on track as access permits.
This great old gas station is in the vicinity of the infamous “Area 51”, hence the cute alien graffiti.
More to come shortly.
Enjoy

Comments

1. pw-collector pw-collector, 2 years ago
    I hope you are having a great time.
    I've been by that station also.
    Dave
  2. mikielikesigns2 mikielikesigns2, 2 years ago
    O.M.G. packrat!!! When my old-lady kicks me out of the shed, I WANT TO COME LIVE HHEERREE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  3. packrat-place packrat-place, 2 years ago
    Thank you very much Manikin, pw-collector , mrmajestic1, Bruce99 , gargoylecollector ,officialfuel, mikielikesigns2 & musikchoo.
  4. Harborguy Harborguy, 2 years ago
    So, if we don't hear from you in a timely way, we shouldn't assume that you were the victim of an alien abduction. LOL!
    Enjoy your travels.
  5. packrat-place packrat-place, 2 years ago
    Harborguy,
    Thank you very much. Fear not, I have resumed my travels with no alien incidents!
  6. Manikin Manikin, 2 years ago
    Hey Mikie I already had my name on list too :-) He lives in a place of solitude and amazing sites . But it has a few to many critters for me like big snakes that will swallow you <grin>
  7. packrat-place packrat-place, 2 years ago
    Thank you very much Manikin, eye4beauty, miKKoChristmas11, BELLIN68, kerry10456 & Hedgewalker. No, I did not detect, I was on a mission to get somewhere at the time.
  8. packrat-place packrat-place, 2 years ago
    Thank you very much MMM.
  9. zguy2112 zguy2112, 2 years ago
    Is this the gas station in Yermo, Ca? I have photographed this years ago. Can't believe it's still standing. It was located next to the California Agriculture Check Point.
  10. packrat-place packrat-place, 2 years ago
    This photo was taken in Nevada on Highway 95 as it runs along Nellis and Edwards Air Force Test Sites. I do not remember the exact location as it all looks the same out there.
    Thank you for the love.
  11. AmberRose AmberRose, 2 years ago
    Sorry I missed this when it first came out! I can imagine this in it's heyday...
  12. packrat-place packrat-place, 2 years ago
    Thank you very much AmberRose.
  13. packrat-place packrat-place, 2 years ago
    Thank you very much walksoftly.
  14. zguy2112 zguy2112, 2 years ago
    Yermo is off the 15, but great picture anyway. Guess most abandoned gas stations look the same after a while.
  15. packrat-place packrat-place, 2 years ago
    zguy2112,
    Are you also trying to tell me this this was in Yermo???
  16. zguy2112 zguy2112, 2 years ago
    I'm not saying it is in Yermo, BUT This looks exactly like the abandoned gas station in Yermo, California that I have photographed many years ago when there was a little more to the structure (Not much more though) I remember there were rail road tracks in the far distance, as I framed a moving freight train into one of the photos. But like I said, I think all abandoned gas stations look the same after many years of decay. LOL. Still love this location, nice find!
  17. packrat-place packrat-place, 2 years ago
    zguy2112,
    Thank you very much.
    Trust me on this, it is not in Yermo.