White Star Line Titanic Champagne Bottle

In Bottles > Liquor Bottles > Show & Tell.
Liquor Bottles181 of 577Some very vintage liquorANTIQUE LIQUOUR BOTTLE

BrunswickBrunswick loves this.
yougottahavestuffyougottahavestuff loves this.
Collectables59Collectables59 loves this.
CollectomaniacCollectomaniac loves this.
jscott0363jscott0363 loves this.
ttomtuckerttomtucker loves this.

DerBayz

So my husband and I went to an estate sale this weekend. This bottle was sitting on the table with one crystal rings around it. I started picking up the rings and my husband said, just take the bottle too. So I did. When I got home I removed the rings and noticed that the bottle state "White Star Line Titanic Champagne". I assume it is a reproduction, but I can't find anything on this line of champagne. Can anyone help me identify this bottle? Is it worth keeping or should I just trash it?

Comments

1. blunderbuss2 blunderbuss2, 3 years ago
      Says vintage 1908 but looks too new. Probably a fake but ck it out before you dump it.
    2. JoyB JoyB, 3 years ago
      Cool bottle! In reading the Government warning on the back, did they do that in 1908?
    3. blunderbuss2 blunderbuss2, 3 years ago
      I hadn't read the back label. It screams fake.
    4. DerBayz DerBayz, 3 years ago
      This is the closest that I can find:

It says these labels are reproductions of the original. So I'm still confused did they do reproduction wine for the Titanic?
    5. jscott0363 jscott0363, 3 years ago
      Reproduction or not, I'd still hang onto it. It still looks really great!!
    6. Gracay2004 Gracay2004, 3 years ago
      Front label appears to have been stuck on a bottle of Italian wine, this is a fantasy piece, complete with modern barcodes etc.
    7. Collectomaniac Collectomaniac, 3 years ago
      Keep. It's likely a one of a kind bottle given the fact the bottler had the rights to the terms White Star Line & Titanic. Here's a link to a label I found. It looks German maybe.

8. Collectomaniac Collectomaniac, 3 years ago
      I sea now it's just a label.
    9. DerBayz DerBayz, 3 years ago
      LOL, so somebody purchase the label and then placed on this bottle?
    10. kyratango kyratango, 3 years ago
      Even something wrong with the label:
      Champagne? Product of the United Kingdom?
      I didn't know France (only producer of Champagne!) was part of UK :-))
    11. SpiritBear, 3 years ago
      Bar-code Scanning label puts it after 1980 right off.
      The entire top likely would also have been covered in a colourful foil. The glass would have many bubbles (likely) and possibly a good kick-up in the bottom as is typical on generic wine/champagne bottles before 1930.
      To my eye, which studies paper, the ink and paper is also wrong.

It was likely made to commemorate the Titanic and to be a collectible item for those who cannot afford a tea-cup raised up off of it, or a life-jacket from a victim, or a diary written afterward on the event.
    12. hunterqlee hunterqlee, 5 months ago
      Why does one picture have a barcode and the other one does not?