Roseville "Foxglove" 12" Console Bowl #423-12/ Circa 1942

In Pottery > Roseville Art Pottery > Show & Tell.
Roseville Art Pottery45 of 161  Roseville Cameo II Cupid Jardiniere 9X12Holds a lot of roses

AnnaBAnnaB loves this.
nutsabotas6nutsabotas6 loves this.
auraaura loves this.
EfesgirlEfesgirl loves this.
NevadaBladesNevadaBlades loves this.
WindwalkerWindwalker loves this.

mikelv85

To find a piece of Roseville that's unscathed is rare indeed. Especially a large piece with a lots of points, corners and edges. This beautiful Foxglove console bowl was in the case at Salvation this morning for a mere thirty dollars ! Initially I wasn't familiar with this pattern so I took my phone and jumped online to Greystone's Roseville price guide. There are a lot of fakes and I needed to make sure this wasn't one of them. It turns out to be the real deal. Foxglove # 423-12. This bowl came in 8",10", 12",14" sizes and a variety of different colors. Each size had a slightly different design. This 12" size seems to be less common than the 8" or 10" ones. This color is considered brown but it's more salmon pink fading to dark brown at the base. There are a few factory glitches like the scrap of clay fused to the "S" in Roseville and a nick like mark in the bottom inner edge but none of that is visible and shouldn't detract from the value. This could easily fetch 6 to 8 times what I paid for it. I'm a happy camper ! -Mike-

logo
    Roseville Art Pottery
    Antique Vintage Circa 1945 ROSEVILLE Handled Vase GREEN FREESIA Style #119-7 EXC
    Antique Vintage Circa 1945 ROSEVILL...
    $36
    Antique Vintage Circa 1945 ROSEVILLE Green FREESIA BASKET Vase Style #390-7 EXC
    Antique Vintage Circa 1945 ROSEVILL...
    $37
    Vintage Roseville Pottery Pine Cone Blue Basket 353-12 As-Is
    Vintage Roseville Pottery Pine Cone...
    $26
    Antique Vintage Circa 1945 ROSEVILLE Bud Vase GREEN FREESIA Style #195-7 EXC #2
    Antique Vintage Circa 1945 ROSEVILL...
    $25
    logo
    Antique Vintage Circa 1945 ROSEVILL...
    $36

Comments

1. NevadaBlades, 5 years ago
      Heck, 6 to 8 times more, I'd be a happy camper, too!!! GREAT FIND, Mike. [;>)
    2. mikelv85 mikelv85, 5 years ago
      lol..Thanks Thomas :)
    3. mikelv85 mikelv85, 5 years ago
      Thanks Nevada...yep you have auction prices which tend to be lower and then retail which is higher so you're looking at say between 180 to 240. I've seen some sites selling for higher but Roseville doesn't sell like it used to so it's better to be conservative. :)
    4. mikelv85 mikelv85, 5 years ago
      Thanks for the "love" Windwalker :)
    5. nutsabotas6 nutsabotas6, 5 years ago
      You're so lucky! Such a fantastic find!! Its beautiful ! :)
    6. mikelv85 mikelv85, 5 years ago
      Thanks so much Ken for the "love" and comment :)
    7. racer4four racer4four, 5 years ago
      Clever finding there Mike! Besides the possible profit it's a very nice piece to sit and admire a while.
    8. mikelv85 mikelv85, 5 years ago
      Thanks Karen...I think it's a keeper. There's a few pieces sitting around the co-op and they are over priced and just don't sell. I fear my White Rose pedestal might get damaged at the shop by careless shoppers so I'll probably bring that home too. I'm actually getting enough pieces to admire...lol. :)
    9. PhilDMorris PhilDMorris, 5 years ago
      Beautiful jardiniere shape, love it !
    10. OneGoodFind OneGoodFind, 5 years ago
      Wow!! Other than my curio I have never paid that much for anything. The curio was $29.99. LOL
      You definitely know what you are doing.!! Congrats!! :)
    11. mikelv85 mikelv85, 5 years ago
      Thanks One ....It was a bargain considering the value so I couldn't pass it by...plus I love Roseville :)
    12. valentino97 valentino97, 5 years ago
      So beautiful - Roseville will be expensive again. I know a collector here with 15 pieces of this lovely color. She doesn't want to sell cheap - but imagine if she tried to sell them all at once! Hang on to this beauty and enjoy looking at it - I know you will.
    13. mikelv85 mikelv85, 5 years ago
      Thanks Val :)....oh I will, in fact I brought my White Rose pedestal home from my co-op booth. It just will never sell and I didn't want to risk any damage from being picked up and looked at all day long. There's lots of Roseville among the other vendors and it just sits with the hundreds of dollar price tags on them. The market for selling any art pottery (McCoy, Van Briggle etc.) is super flat right now, but great for the buyer when you can find it at these prices. :)
    14. sklo42 sklo42, 5 years ago
      It looks magnificent......
    15. mikelv85 mikelv85, 5 years ago
      Thanks Sklo..it sure is :)