For Vetraio50 ( and all other CW Members ) - This Might Interest you ???

In Art Glass > Bohemian Art Glass > Show & Tell.
Bohemian Art Glass1064 of 5461FRANZ WELZ OCTOPUS ART DECO GLASS VASEPair Victorian Burmese glass vases - Welz

Rick55Rick55 loves this.
auraaura loves this.
mikelv85mikelv85 loves this.
IvonneIvonne loves this.
    NULL

antiquerose

Hi CW Gang ~

Good Morning - as on the other side of the Pond you are probably just getting up. I should be in bed sleeping but I thought I would post this for VETRAIO50 ( AND ALL OTHER CW MEMBERS ) to have something to look at while he drinks his morning coffee. This post will either put him to sleep, or wake him up more. I am not sure yet, but I am going to bed here -- so I will see his reply later.

Thought I would post the base first, as I have not posted the whole image /pic of this yet. Just this part to see if " it gets the brain Juice moving" ........ LOL.

Thanks for LOOKING // LOVING !!

~ Rose ~

=============

Comments

1. antiquerose antiquerose, 2 years ago
    @ VET - This is for you as you once said to me:

"There were fourteen designs are for Earl Myers at Skrdlovice. There were 3 ashtrays, 2 vases, 7 bowls and 1 basket. ALL HAVE DESIGN NUMBERS THAT BEGIN WITH 62 .... giving us a year when they were first produced and exported to Canada for sale there...""

So this is engraved on the bottom of a piece I just got here, and it LOOKS LIKE it says P 6255 for the first few writing

Can't make out the rest?

Might this be of interest ??
  2. Ivonne Ivonne, 2 years ago
    I was first to read this while drinking my morning coffee but hope you won't mind it :)
  3. vetraio50 vetraio50, 2 years ago
    It's 9.47 pm. Just finished off a New Zealand Pinot Noir. WOW !!!

You got one !!!
  4. vetraio50 vetraio50, 2 years ago
    According to the book 14 designs were produced for Earl Myers and not Joel Phillip Myers. Earl Myers owned Lorraine Glass Industries. It would have had an S.P.M label. They date to 1962 or 1963. This one looks like 1963. When I see the piece itself the other numbers will make sense.

It doesn't have the label ????
  5. vetraio50 vetraio50, 2 years ago
    So it is a 'rosalin-modrá' colour combo ???
  6. vetraio50 vetraio50, 2 years ago
    The numbers of the Myers Kanada pieces are
    6202, 6203, 6204 : all ashtrays
    6205, 6206 : vases
    6207, 6208, 6209 : bowls
    6231, 6232, 6233, 6234 : bowls
    6235 : a basket.

7. vetraio50 vetraio50, 2 years ago
    Also 6201 another ashtray. LOL !!!

Well that's what I have on my document.

I'm waiting to see if it all fits.
  8. DecoVoo DecoVoo, 2 years ago
    Such a tease lol
  9. antiquerose antiquerose, 2 years ago
    @lol.....at everybody. I have my fingers crossed that the Number on the bottom of these does mean something ( or not )? Funny that it has a * P * letter before the number IF I am reading the number right.

Found Down East, did not know it had a number on the bottom till I got it, and the people did not say anything about it. Now the people I got it from are hard -core Canadian Chalet Lorraine Glass collectors as they have sent some pic to me of there Glass pictured in a magazine....so KINDA FUNNY this came from them being Chalet collectors. No label on it

I bought this from them and the 2 other ones I just posted...

Okay, I will get busy and post a pic of the whole item here...watch for the post here soon...............
  10. vetraio50 vetraio50, 2 years ago
    Do you remember is one ???