Vintage Faceted Glass or Crystal Necklace

In Costume Jewelry > Costume Necklaces > Show & Tell and Costume Jewelry > Glass Jewelry > Show & Tell.
Costume Necklaces128 of 977Clear rhinestone choker necklace. Unmarked. Hand tied Jade necklace

Collectables59Collectables59 loves this.
racer4fourracer4four loves this.
kyratangokyratango loves this.
fortapachefortapache loves this.
jscott0363jscott0363 loves this.
NewfldNewfld loves this.

AdeleC

I found this large glass neclace too today. The beads are huge, and multi-faceted, graded from the large centre stone. I wore it out to dinner this evening - it goes well with a fleece and jeans! Do you think the beads would be Czech?

logo
    Costume Necklaces
    I Am Edgar Berebi  My Vintage meraude Faux Vial Necklace 28 Inch  Chain
    I Am Edgar Berebi My Vintage merau...
    $32
    CHANEL Gold Plated CC Logos Charm Vintage Chain Necklace Pendant #6558a Rise-on
    CHANEL Gold Plated CC Logos Charm V...
    $420
    CHANEL Gold Plated CC Logos Charm Vintage Chain Necklace Pendant #6533a Rise-on
    CHANEL Gold Plated CC Logos Charm V...
    $98
    CHANEL Gold Plated CC Logos White Charm Chain Necklace Pendant #6534a Rise-on
    CHANEL Gold Plated CC Logos White C...
    $176
    logo
    I Am Edgar Berebi  My Vintage meraude Faux Vial Necklace 28 Inch  Chain
    I Am Edgar Berebi My Vintage merau...
    $32

Comments

1. racer4four racer4four, 3 years ago
      I would think Czech Adele. Awesome glass beads; fleece would never have looked better!
    2. Ms.CrystalShip Ms.CrystalShip, 3 years ago
      Looks more like faceted crystal beads..
      Very nice!
    3. AdeleC AdeleC, 3 years ago
      Thank you Racer and Ms Crystalship, - can you tell me the difference between glass and crystal?
    4. valentino97 valentino97, 3 years ago
      If I saw you wearing this, I would stop and say "Beautiful!! Great that you wear it with fleece and jeans.
    5. pebble pebble, 3 years ago
      Gorgeous! Those metal links, in particular the flat shepherd's crook clasp, are typically art deco. Without them being signed there's no way to know for sure where they're from. If only they could talk!
      Crystal is glass that has been made with some lead content. It might be slightly heavier than glass, and is supposed to be more sparkly :)
    6. AdeleC AdeleC, 3 years ago
      Thank you Pebbles, I will compare it to my other sparkly necklaces and see if I can work out if they are glass or not. I did read that the more intensively cut they are the more likely they are to be crystal, as it’s easier to work, and this is very tightly faceted, if that’s a term! When I saw the clasp I thought it may be a replacement because it’s in such good condition, but it looks like it does go with the beads.
    7. pebble pebble, 3 years ago
      Yes, with that many facets I would guess it's more likely to be crystal. Enjoy wearing it!
    8. AdeleC AdeleC, 3 years ago
      I've added some pictures of my other crystal/glass necklaces to compare them.
    9. freiheit freiheit, 3 years ago
      What a lovely collection! I have on necklace with similar Beads:
    10. AdeleC AdeleC, 3 years ago
      Thank you freiheit, your beads do look like mine!
    11. pebble pebble, 3 years ago
      Fab collection, love them all!
    12. Andreamw, 3 years ago
      Great collection!
    13. Ms.CrystalShip Ms.CrystalShip, 3 years ago
      Hi Adele,
      "Essentially, glass is crystal in it's rawest form,
      Glass to which lead is added becomes Crystal"
      Wrap your brain around that one :)
    14. AdeleC AdeleC, 3 years ago
      I know what you mean Ms Crystalship. Sparkly is sparkly!