Share your favorites on Show & Tell

Anyone know what this is?

In Tools and Hardware > Show & Tell.
Tools and Hardware1003 of 8049Just How old or antique Is this ole hog ringer?A Must Have Key For Percussionists'....
Love it
Like it

BrunswickBrunswick loves this.
Vynil33rpmVynil33rpm loves this.
Horseradishman1Horseradishman1 loves this.
ManikinManikin loves this.
kwqdkwqd loves this.
fortapachefortapache loves this.
auraaura loves this.
Karl-FodorKarl-Fodor loves this.
blunderbuss2blunderbuss2 loves this.
See 8 more
Add to collection

    Please create an account, or Log in here

    If you don't have an account, create one here.

    Create a Show & TellReport as inappropriate

    Posted 1 year ago

    (2 items)

    Any ideas what this is used for? I’ve never seen one before, but I’m assuming it’s some sort of tool.

    Unsolved Mystery

    Help us close this case. Add your knowledge below.

    Tools and Hardware
    See all
    Vintage Cabin Cabinet Door Latch Hook Solid Brass Hasp Lock Gate
    Vintage Cabin Cabinet Door Latch Ho...
    Approx. 120 (6 lbs) WROUGHT IRON ANTIQUE (1800'S)  SQUARE 4.5" LONG NAILS
    Approx. 120 (6 lbs) WROUGHT IRON AN...
    Antique 19thC A. Kendrick Co. Cast Iron Gothic BAT Door Knocker
    Antique 19thC A. Kendrick Co. Cast ...
    "Mint" Millers Falls No. 67 Router Plane w/ 3 Cutters (Stanley No. 71 size)
    "Mint" Millers Falls No. 67...
    Vintage Cabin Cabinet Door Latch Hook Solid Brass Hasp Lock Gate
    Vintage Cabin Cabinet Door Latch Ho...
    See all


    1. Karl-Fodor, 1 year ago
      Magyarországon hasonlót használtak a villanyszerel?k a m?anyag cs? tágításához , hogy egymásba dughassák a vezeték számára.
    2. UncleRon UncleRon, 1 year ago
      The angles of the tapers on the cones look like standard cork shapes. It may have been used by glass blowers to shape the mouth of a bottle(?)
    3. blunderbuss2 blunderbuss2, 1 year ago
      Karl, afraid not many of us speak Hungarian. How about trying German or French etc..
    4. Irishcollector. Irishcollector., 1 year ago
      Could it be for flaring lead or copper pipes for joining?
    5. Horseradishman1 Horseradishman1, 1 year ago
      How big is it? What do the ends look like?
    6. Abshire Abshire, 1 year ago
      I believe it is a rimming tool for cooper pipe when I was a kid my father had one for small galvanized pipe. After you cut the pipe with a pipe cutter it leaves a little lip inside the pipe. I remember his all ways using it to clean it out
    7. lzenglish, 1 year ago
      @Abshire....I believe you are referring to a "Reaming Tool", as apposed to a "Rimming Tool", which removes the burr left after a cut ?
    8. Roycroftbooksfromme1, 1 year ago
      Looks like a old plumbers flearing tool for 3/8 1/2 & 3/4 pipe....
    9. Karl-Fodor, 6 months ago
      In Hungary, the electrical network runs in a plastered wall in a plastic pipe and solutes the plastic pipes by widening one by such a device. More size is needed because more thickness is used depending on the number of wires.

    Want to post a comment?

    Create an account or login in order to post a comment.