Pennino baguette brooch

In Costume Jewelry > Costume Brooches > Show & Tell.
Costume Brooches25 of 2210Jomaz hummingbird brooch Butterfly, Flowers, and Cherries, Paperweight Brooches, Glass Intaglio and Mother-of-Pearl, Early to Mid 20th Century

racer4fourracer4four loves this.
auraaura loves this.
BroochmanBroochman loves this.
jscott0363jscott0363 loves this.
MrstyndallMrstyndall loves this.

Posted 1 month ago

Newfld

This 2" silvertone circle brooch consists entirely of baguettes, with white rhinestones in a circle and green stones in a ribbon design on top. By Pennino ca 1930s-1940s

Comments

1. Mrstyndall Mrstyndall, 1 month ago
      Jenni, this is so pretty! Really like the green swirl at the top!
    2. Broochman Broochman, 1 month ago
      This brooch is absolutely stunning!! I like that it's made entirely of baguettes, something you rarely see. This brooch is top shelf IMO! :)
    3. Ms.CrystalShip Ms.CrystalShip, 1 month ago
      Pennino!
      Stunning piece of art. These lovely green baguettes look to be channel set ( invisible), and that kind of work was very expensive to be done back in the day. This brooch has it all, it’s beautiful, unique, and rare! Jenni, you did good on this piece, my dear!
    4. LaurenRedmond LaurenRedmond, 1 month ago
      Ok is it just me but does this look a little like the Olympic symbol? Which IS very appropriate now I think :P But really, it is a cool brooch- I don't think I've seen anything like it!
    5. plein-air-painter, 1 month ago
      Hi Jenni, I love the green stones. And Pennino is a top designer. Beautiful piece.
    6. Gillian, 1 month ago
      That is so darn gorgeous - baguettes are to die for. And, gosh darn, it's signed! Congratulations Newfld.
    7. Newfld Newfld, 1 month ago
      Thank you very much everyone for the love
      MrsT
      Scott
      Ken
      aura
      fort
      Eileen
      Lauren
      Maureen
      Purvis
      Vet
      Thomas
      Mary

Thank you MrsT for the really nice compliment, I too thought that green swirl on top really gave this brooch personality & glad you liked it too

Thanks Ken for the terrific compliment, I don't browse for Pennino too often as most are antique at out of the ballpark prices, but this caught my eye particularly because they used all baguettes & that's one of my fave type brooches (you know how I love Pell for that reason)

Eileen thank you for the fantastic compliments, I am always learning from you & appreciate the info on channel set rhinestones, that's so cool! The Pennino brothers were from Italy so of course you have to give it to them for their craftsmanship & artistry, this is not a design you see everyday & I'm glad you think I did good, I'm always trying :)

YES Lauren, you are totally on the money here, the Olympic rings!! When I saw this design I was like, hmm, pretty unique, but what does it remind me of....and I thank you for the astute observ I can always count on you! Great comment thanx so much

Many thanks Maureen for the lovely compliments, I think your collection of Pennino is quite stunning I esp love the flower basket designs, & really glad you enjoyed this one

Thank you Gillian for the wonderful compliments, one of the things I always look for is the signature & was really glad to find this Pennino, they are pretty cost prohibitive though so this may be my one & only :(
    8. Gillian, 1 month ago
      Newfld - You may have read this before, but I posted it 'cos it's a great read, (educational even!) with great examples - and some for sale. Very glad you shared this brooch, which led me to this article.

9. Gillian, 1 month ago
      Sorry - thought there were some for sale, but it's a vast gallery of gorgeous Pennino jewelry.

Perhaps they would appreciate a picture of your brooch?
    10. Newfld Newfld, 1 month ago
      Thanks Gillian I LOVE illusionjewels, that's probably my fave online reference site! They have great Pennino pieces don't they, well my post is viral so they are welcome to it, I've even seen it on google
    11. Newfld Newfld, 1 month ago
      Thank you Hel1 for the love, it is greatly appreciated and very glad you liked this
    12. foseatme, 1 month ago
      gorgeous!
    13. Newfld Newfld, 1 month ago
      Thank you foseatme for the very kind comment and love, good to see you!
    14. truthordare truthordare, 1 month ago
      Belated comment, yet I want to add my own admiration for this well designed brooch, very attractive piece.
    15. Newfld Newfld, 1 month ago
      Thank you so much Lisa for the wonderful compliment & love, there is no timeline on kindness and I am very appreciative always, really happy you enjoyed this Pennino piece
    16. Newfld Newfld, 1 month ago
      Many thanks prinvin and Sean for the thoughtful love it is greatly appreciated
    17. Newfld Newfld, 1 month ago
      Thanks so much Karen for the love and support you are a great friend & I really appreciate it very much