Brutalist Bracelet Made in Canada: Osmose, Sonia Ferland (Thanks exbellmaria)

In Fine Jewelry > Bracelets > Show & Tell.
Bracelets13 of 469Possibly Gold Filled and Enamel Vintage Bracelet Signed Jeweled Gold Bracelet - Maker??

Daisy1000Daisy1000 loves this.
fortapachefortapache loves this.
ho2cultchaho2cultcha loves this.
BrunswickBrunswick loves this.
MALKEYMALKEY loves this.

Posted 11 months ago

freiheit

I was in Toronto the other day and there I found this bracelet. It is a stretch bracelet, strung on cotton covered elastic. Based on the style, I originally dated this piece to around the 1970's. Turns out, I was way off: It is a more recent piece by an artist still working in Quebec. The bracelet has a hang tag (centre of last photo). On one side it reads "Made in Canada" and on the other side says "Osmosis".

Thanks for your help, exbellmaria!

Thanks for looking:)

Mystery Solved
    logo
    Bracelets
    ANTIQUE VICTORIAN 9ct GOLD STONE SET PADLOCK / BRACELET / PENDANT / CHAIN CATCH
    ANTIQUE VICTORIAN 9ct GOLD STONE SE...
    $196
    Italian designer vintage heavy 18K yellow gold 39.6mm wide floral cuff bracelet
    Italian designer vintage heavy 18K ...
    $1,218
    Antique Vintage Deco 14k Rose Gold Chinese Carved Jadeite Jade Chain Bracelet
    Antique Vintage Deco 14k Rose Gold ...
    $365
    10k 417  yellow gold solid gucci link chain bracelet 8.0" vintage 1.9gr
    10k 417 yellow gold solid gucci li...
    $475
    logo
    ANTIQUE VICTORIAN 9ct GOLD STONE SET PADLOCK / BRACELET / PENDANT / CHAIN CATCH
    ANTIQUE VICTORIAN 9ct GOLD STONE SE...
    $196

Comments

1. MALKEY MALKEY, 11 months ago
      love the modernistic angular design gudrun
      all the very best malkey
    2. freiheit freiheit, 11 months ago
      Oh, I am glad you do. I am happy I am not the only one! I didn't know anything about this jewellery until a few years ago. I have to say that this style has somehow grown on me. Here in Brampton it is hard to find any.
      Have a great weekend, MALKEY :)
    3. freiheit freiheit, 11 months ago
      Thanks a lot for the love, Thomas:)
    4. PhilDMorris PhilDMorris, 11 months ago
      Wow, not seen before, but makes a statement, rather scary !~
    5. freiheit freiheit, 11 months ago
      Thanks for your comment, PhilDMorris. Scary wasn't the word that came to my mind but I can see that. I was thinking more in terms of rebellious and down to earth. It's a long way from the grace and delicate beauty of your Sherman jewellery.

It is strange for me to think that some of the later Sherman creations and the earlier Brutalist pieces might have been sold at the same time. That might have been quite a culture crash -LOL

I am still trying to find out more about my bracelet. Collecting for some time now has taught me to be more careful with making assumptions. All tough the style of my bracelet points to a certain time period, there is always the possibility that it was made at a later time.
    6. freiheit freiheit, 11 months ago
      Many thanks for the love,
      kyratango,
      fortapache, and
      ho2cultcha :)
    7. antiquerose antiquerose, 11 months ago
      Can u do another post # 2 on this -- with just some clearer shots of the mark ??
    8. freiheit freiheit, 11 months ago
      I will try, antiquerose:)
    9. freiheit freiheit, 11 months ago
      Antiquerose, I added one more photo. I just cannot figure it out! Maybe you have more luck.
      Gudrun
    10. freiheit freiheit, 11 months ago
      Thanks so much for the love, Newtimes, Broochman and PhilDMorris :)
    11. freiheit freiheit, 11 months ago
      Thanks a lot for the love, AnythingObscure, Manikin, and aura :)
    12. exbellmaria, 11 months ago
      I bought a necklace in vancouver by the same maker and have no idea what the name is either. It is geometric squares but has stones inserted in some slots any info you get can you pass on, Thank you
    13. exbellmaria, 11 months ago
      Osmose Atomic modernist Sonia Ferland
    14. freiheit freiheit, 11 months ago
      I would have never figured this one out! Thanks so much for solving a mystery exbellmaria!!!
      I thought that my bracelet was older, but I guess this is another time when I was a it off. Maybe there are still some people around, besides me, who love this style of jewellery.
      Thanks again:)