Vintage beads necklace

In Fine Jewelry > Necklaces > Show & Tell and Costume Jewelry > Glass Jewelry > Show & Tell.
Necklaces409 of 475Bear NecklaceNecklace silver copper, Native American? Mexican? Other?

ElisabethanElisabethan loves this.
kyratangokyratango loves this.
auraaura loves this.
toracattoracat loves this.
BirdieZBirdieZ likes this.
tdvintagecompanytdvintagecompany loves this.
thriftfanthriftfan loves this.
vintagemadvintagemad loves this.
AmberRoseAmberRose loves this.

Agram.m

This necklace was from my mother. At this time she would be 99 years old.
    Of course I cannot ask her what this necklace is about. It had knots between each bead but the thread was broken so I restrung it, but intended to restrung with knots as original.
    The beads are 1.3 cm in diameter and transparant (with bubbles in it as shown in the photos)and the locket is original and a sort of pinchback. The colour of the beads between purple and pink. What kind of necklace (beads) could this be? I have shown a photo of one bead which shows those kind of (air?) bubbles. Suggestions are welcome!

logo
    Necklaces
    ESTATE VINTAGE TO NOW COSTUME JEWELRY LOT 20 Pc NO JUNK NECKLACE BROOCH EAR
    ESTATE VINTAGE TO NOW COSTUME JEWEL...
    $30
     FREESHIP Vintage Now Jewelry Lot GOOD Wear Resell 10 Pc Brooch Necklace Box Mix
    FREESHIP Vintage Now Jewelry Lot G...
    $30
    Vintage Moon Face Carved Mother of Pearl Shell 925 Pendant Necklace SP 24" Chain
    Vintage Moon Face Carved Mother of ...
    $13
    Brass Pocket Telescope - Mini Hand Held Spyglass - Miniature Necklace Pendant
    Brass Pocket Telescope - Mini Hand ...
    $5
    logo
    ESTATE VINTAGE TO NOW COSTUME JEWELRY LOT 20 Pc NO JUNK NECKLACE BROOCH EAR
    ESTATE VINTAGE TO NOW COSTUME JEWEL...
    $30

Comments

1. davyd286, 10 years ago
      If the beads have bubbles, they are most likely glass.
    2. Agram.m Agram.m, 10 years ago
      Yes, they have, thanks davyd286. In any case they are old. Olmost 100 years.
    3. Agram.m Agram.m, 10 years ago
      MuranoArtGlass, thanks for your clear comment. I know now something more about my mother's necklace.
    4. davyd286, 10 years ago
      The little beaded designs on your clasp were very popular around the turn of the 20th century. I have a somewhat similar cobalt blue glass necklace made in China around 1910-1920, but I've also seen other jewelry of the same style that were made in Austria or other European countries with the same styling.
    5. Agram.m Agram.m, 10 years ago
      Thanks Dacyd286 I will hold this one of the memories on my late mother.
    6. tdvintagecompany tdvintagecompany, 10 years ago
      Beautiful necklace! I love the color of the beads!
    7. Agram.m Agram.m, 10 years ago
      Thanks tdvintagecompany, I agree!
    8. Yohanna Yohanna, 10 years ago
      I have a bracelet like them they are garnet glass beads..
    9. Agram.m Agram.m, 10 years ago
      Thanks for your comment Yohanna, yes indeed it could also be garnet glass beads.
    10. Agram.m Agram.m, 9 years ago
      toracat thanks for your interest and loving
    11. Elisabethan Elisabethan, 6 years ago
      This is a lovely necklace!
    12. Agram.m Agram.m, 6 years ago
      Thanks Elisabethan, it was from my mother.
    13. kyratango kyratango, 6 years ago
      Hi Marga, thanks to Aura who pops out old posts :-)
      Your Mom's necklace is a beautiful exemple of Peking glass beads, with the original chinese clasp (can say from the "braided" setting around cab, and little rosettes).
      Love this almandine garnet like color!
    14. Agram.m Agram.m, 6 years ago
      Kyra, as so many times you are such a great help I finally know what kind of necklace this is. Thank you so much.

15. Elisabethan Elisabethan, 5 years ago
      Hello Agram, here is a suggestion.