Art Deco Baccarat glass lamp shade globe from the 1800's

In Lamps > Lamp Shades > Show & Tell and Art Glass > Baccarat Art Glass > Show & Tell.
Lamp Shades412 of 431I have a beautiful old oil lamp shade that I can't find any information on, can someone identify it.  8" tall Hand Made Lamp Shade...Fabric and Beads

IronLaceIronLace loves this.
BeauxPurdyBeauxPurdy loves this.
Shawnl86Shawnl86 loves this.
singervitagebigfansingervitagebigfan loves this.
officialfuelofficialfuel loves this.
cindyjunecindyjune loves this.

bushido9898

So I was at a garage sale and this glass was sitting in a pile of dishes. I did some research and found that this is a Art Deco Baccarat lamp shade globe. This piece is very beautiful. I wish I had the lamp to go with it.

logo
    Lamp Shades
    Decorated Antique Amber Cut Corner Copper Foil Frame Rectangle Mica Lamp Shade
    Decorated Antique Amber Cut Corner ...
    $112
    Vintage French Empire Bouillotte Lamp Shade Brass Metal Tole 13 More Avaialble
    Vintage French Empire Bouillotte La...
    $225
    Antique Vintage Glass Beaded Fringe Black Red Gold Lamp Shade Trim 3 Feet
    Antique Vintage Glass Beaded Fringe...
    $35
    Antique Victorian Oil Lamp Ball Globe Shade 4 Fitter 8 GWTW Cranberry Red
    Antique Victorian Oil Lamp Ball Glo...
    $394
    logo
    Decorated Antique Amber Cut Corner Copper Foil Frame Rectangle Mica Lamp Shade
    Decorated Antique Amber Cut Corner ...
    $112

Comments

1. cindyjune cindyjune, 11 years ago
      That is incredibly beautiful! What a great find
    2. vintagemad vintagemad, 11 years ago
      Wow! Is it signed Baccarat?
    3. bushido9898 bushido9898, 11 years ago
      No its not signed, but an expert told me that the design is from baccarat.
    4. Shawnl86 Shawnl86, 11 years ago
      Simpley Gorgeous!
    5. southernbelle69, 11 years ago
      BEAUTIFUL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! My friend is renovating an old bldg and found a glass globe, hidden in a crawl space, it has The Erwin F Cuth Company St Louis USA "Bascolete" patented 10/21/1913 reissued 7/1/1919. Has anyone ever heard of this company? Some of the townfolks told him the building used to be a hotel! I'll take pic as soon as I clean it.
    6. southernbelle69, 11 years ago
      If it were me I'd go to the Baccarat website with a picture and ASK!!!!!!!!!!
    7. bushido9898 bushido9898, 11 years ago
      Thank you I will do that.
    8. lampaddict lampaddict, 7 years ago
      Made by Murano. They made entire lamps from this glass. It is definitely not by Baccarat, but these are in high demand and quite expensive to buy. They were on a lot of lamps into the 70's even. Called a Millefiori shade. There are many types of millefiori shades here on CW, this one in particular came from a lamp which would have had a glass base to match this. Or look on liveauctioneers.com
    9. antiquerose antiquerose, 7 years ago
      Murano - I would say too -- as in Post # 8 here
    10. IVAN49 IVAN49, 2 years ago
      Tell your expert that every Baccarat paperweight is signed and they are not found at garage sales in the middle of nowhere.It is nice, though, most probably sold to a tourist in Venice in mid fifties or later.
    11. modfather modfather, 2 years ago
      it is certainly a Murano design
    12. PhilDMorris PhilDMorris, 2 years ago
      Only a moron would think this Murano piece is Baccarat, you are now certified !~