1960s Patched Biker Gang Denim Jacket

In Mens Clothing > Denim Jackets > Show & Tell and Mens Clothing > 1960s Mens Clothing > Show & Tell.
Denim Jackets2 of 6OUTSTANDING Levis Big E 1960's California Hippie JacketVintage Canadian Tuxedo -- LEE Blue Jean Jacket ( Part I of II )

auraaura loves this.
bucketheadbuckethead likes this.
Morganmon21Morganmon21 likes this.
ho2cultchaho2cultcha loves this.
kerry10456kerry10456 loves this.
JImamJImam loves this.
CaperkidCaperkid loves this.
TassieDevilTassieDevil loves this.
racer4fourracer4four loves this.
blunderbuss2blunderbuss2 loves this.
EfesgirlEfesgirl loves this.

Posted 1 year ago

HippieArch…

This gnatty old soiled beat denim Motorcycle Gang jacket from Cleveland Ohio appealed to me and I added to the collection. The "smiling skull" emblazoned with the number 13 I assume has to do with the gang itself. I have not been able to find the specific gang name and tried - does anyone know? ...The large Maltese cross on the back I knew in my youth as a "surfer's cross" - I believe it may have also been called a "biker's cross". This relic of a jacket from the hippie biker era saw some use and we can only imagine what "the use" entailed.

Comments

1. aura, 1 year ago
    I love that jacket.
  2. kerry10456 kerry10456, 1 year ago
    Not any "Charter" style logo, these patches were readily available, back in the day. This would be a "Lone Wolf" cut-off, which means this person was wearing as an expression of their lifestyle. Again not a club, but life choice.
  3. HippieArchaeologist HippieArchaeologist, 1 year ago
    Thanks... which helps it fit the hippie criteria - appreciate your help.
  4. kerry10456 kerry10456, 1 year ago
    You're very welcome, enjoy looking through your postings, keep them coming.
  5. Mystaplers Mystaplers, 10 months ago
    I agree with Kerry10456. Lone wolf who was just trying to live the biker life. nice piece.
  6. buckethead buckethead, 4 months ago
    Cool Jacket. Definitely a Lone Wolf. Two of my older brothers were in clubs with specific charter colors back in the late 60s. Next to impossible to buy one. I really wouldn't want to wear it if it was available (club's rules) :)