Different "etruscan urn" marks of the mysterious maker, part1.

In Fine Jewelry > Sterling Silver Jewelry > Show & Tell.
Sterling Silver Jewelry257 of 903Different "etruscan urn" marks of the mysterious maker, part 2.Clyde Duneier CID Sterling 925

wildvkewildvke loves this.
Peasejean55Peasejean55 loves this.
CaperkidCaperkid loves this.
EfesgirlEfesgirl loves this.

kyratango

THE FRONT VIEWS ARE ON INDIVIDUAL POSTS, SEEN IN COLLECTION:
    Mysterious maker's mark: "etruscan urn". | kyratango | Collectors Weekly

This mark, which I call etruscan urn, shows evolution, but always on 900 or 925 silver paste jewellery.

Either stamped on the same punch or separate, as shown in pics.

All the pieces I saw date between 1880 and 1910'.

This maker was prolific and he sometimes produced same models than Knoll and Pregizer:
    The monkeys brooch, leaves, butterflies.

Paris1925 and Katherine thought it was the French amphora hallmark:

French Hallmarks - Online Encyclopedia of Silver Marks, Hallmarks & Makers' Marks

But this mark, from 1958 to present, is only for 999 pure silver coins or bullions and only struck in Paris!

logo
    Sterling Silver Jewelry
    5ct *Aquamarine* Sterling Silver Edwardian c.1910 Filigree Ring {Made To Order}
    5ct *Aquamarine* Sterling Silver Ed...
    $31
    Sterling Silver BLUEBIRD Charm for Bracelet ENAMEL Bird Jewelry PENDANT Vintage
    Sterling Silver BLUEBIRD Charm for ...
    $32
    Vintage Moon Face Carved Mother of Pearl Shell Sterling 21mm Pendant Necklace
    Vintage Moon Face Carved Mother of ...
    $13
    18K White Gold Plated  Bamboo Detail Adjustable Bangle Bracelet ITALY MADE
    18K White Gold Plated Bamboo Detai...
    $10
    logo
    5ct *Aquamarine* Sterling Silver Edwardian c.1910 Filigree Ring {Made To Order}
    5ct *Aquamarine* Sterling Silver Ed...
    $31

Comments

1. Efesgirl Efesgirl, 3 years ago
      Have you pulled out all your hair yet? LOL
    2. kyratango kyratango, 3 years ago
      Haha Bonnie! Not yet, only half bald ;-P

If I could speak/write German, I'd explore Jewellery forums in Deutschland and Austria...
      I'm sure there is some documentation there...
      My search with German keywords gave...NADA!
    3. pebble pebble, 3 years ago
      I still think it looks a bit like a royal orb with a crown shape on top....
    4. pebble pebble, 3 years ago
      Actually, looking at the third pic I can see an old ship head-on with a central mast and two sails billowing out to the sides! It's a bit like the old ink-blot test, isn't it?
    5. kyratango kyratango, 3 years ago
      Lol Pebble, wondering what Bb2 would see in the ink blot... ;-))
      We already had a squid, a spindle, a flaming pot, a cactus in pot... will add the crowned orb and the old ship, thank you!
    6. Peasejean55 Peasejean55, 3 years ago
      I'm sure you'll get to the bottom of this perplexing mark, I have every faith that this mystery will be solved.
    7. lentilka11, 3 years ago
      :DDDDD that urn again
    8. lentilka11, 3 years ago
      Kyra, I speak german... if you need some help
    9. kyratango kyratango, 3 years ago
      Jean, thanks for your faith ;-) I hope it will!

Oh, Lentilka, you're adorable!
      Agram proposed too her help, if any of you could explore German jewelery forums and submit my pics, with translation of my write up for identification, I'm sure there is someone there who has informations (I'm convinced this maker is from Germany...)
    10. lentilka11, 3 years ago
      I can translate your identificaton and post it and then translate back what they say, and translate back your words. Is there a german forum where you are especially interested to post it?
    11. kyratango kyratango, 3 years ago
      Lentilka, I don't know any forum in German :-/
      And google translators give funny surrealist translations, so my try was short ended, lol!

I submitted some months ago on a Belgian/French antique collectors and sellers site with still no answer...
      Thank you so much for your help, I promise you a head place on the wall of fame ;-))
    12. lentilka11, 3 years ago
      :D You guys helped me numerous times, you are on my wall of fame.
    13. lentilka11, 3 years ago
      I made a post here:

Waiting for an another registration until its approved.
    14. kyratango kyratango, 3 years ago
      Lentilka... in one word... WUNDERBAR!
      Already a question :-D

Don't worry for translation of the answers, I can better or less understand, just not able to write or speak (3 years of learning as 2nd langage at school...)!

They may want to see front of the pieces too, of course you can use my pics :-)
    15. lentilka11, 3 years ago
      gerne :)
    16. Agram.m Agram.m, 3 years ago
      I take a good look in books on German Websites but there is no (Crown)Reichskrone, Sun or (half moon) Halbmond - the German Stamp Act of 1884 so I think this jewelry is not made in Germany. I've seen this stamp before but I cannot remember where, the old age I think. I keep looking for it!
    17. kyratango kyratango, 3 years ago
      Thanks Marga for your time :-)
      Is the stamp act book a register of the maker's marks?
      Could you try with amphora, or antique vase/urn symbols?
    18. Elisabethan Elisabethan, 3 years ago
      Don't give up kyratango, and I have a feeling you will not :)
      I can't get it off my mind that the mark looks like something from the cyrillic alphabet.
    19. Elisabethan Elisabethan, 3 years ago
      Kyratango I have emailed you some links to jewelry with this mark.
    20. kyratango kyratango, 3 years ago
      Elisabethan, thanks for your support, and links in E-Mail! (yes, the mark again...!)
    21. TassieDevil TassieDevil, 3 years ago
      Wouldn't it be wonderful if Lentilka or Marga can get an answer for you Pascale after all this time........we are all keeping our fingers crossed for sure!!
    22. Elisabethan Elisabethan, 3 years ago
      I also hope you find an answer soon. This maker seams to have been very productive and because of that it's amazing that it's so hard to find out more. There must be an answer out there for such a productive maker.