Antique blackamoor lady glass cameo pinchbeck slide. Kyratised!

In Costume Jewelry > Show & Tell and Victorian Era > Show & Tell.
Costume Jewelry139 of 6742Glass ring Vintage vlip on earrings

Ms.CrystalShipMs.CrystalShip loves this.
NewfldNewfld loves this.
PhilDMorrisPhilDMorris loves this.
Peasejean55Peasejean55 loves this.

Posted 1 month ago

kyratango

Another lucky French find...

Hardstone "en habillé " (wearing jewels) blackamoor cameos, dating around 1860, are very rare and sought after!

This one is costume jewelry from same era, it is made in two pieces of glass: the head is finely molded in black glass glued on white glass slab as background.
Her jewels are set with tiny red pastes.

She was missing her hair net and earring...

Kyratized with twisted silver wire, colored with yellow permanent marker, cut lengths glued in the grooves with minute superglue droplets applied with a toothpick.

Now worn on an antique festoon pearl necklace :-D

Comments

1. PhilDMorris PhilDMorris, 1 month ago
    Gorgeous Kyra, you are jewellery's best friend when you do such fine restorative work !~
  2. Ms.CrystalShip Ms.CrystalShip, 1 month ago
    What talent and patience you have!
    Quite remarkable the way you reconstruct pieces you find that need a little TLC.
    Your adulation for fine, old things shows through...
    I LOVE IT!
  3. nutsabotas6 nutsabotas6, 1 month ago
    So very beautiful now !! You are so talented and should go into business, repairing old jewelry ! :)
  4. Rick55 Rick55, 1 month ago
    Excellent restoration job Kyra… do you do furniture? Lol
  5. vetraio50 vetraio50, 1 month ago
    Love the new KYRATANGO PIC too !!!

FIGARO FANDANGO KYRATANGO !!}
  6. Manikin Manikin, 1 month ago
    Stunning and your restoration is beautiful and impeccable . I would never know it was not all original . I love it !
  7. kyratango kyratango, 1 month ago
    Phil, thank you :-) jewels are my best friends too ;-))

Ms.Crystalship, thank you so much for your so nice comment! Though I love immaculate pieces, I prefer getting wounded ones and thinking how to bring them back to life, then try to obtain a satisfying result... your appreciation is priceless!

Ken, Rick, Vetraio, Manikin! What a bunch of compliments from you, friends! I'm very glad and proyd of your appreciations of my kyratisations :-D

Ken, if it went to be a job... I'm not sure if it still would be such a pleasure ;-)

Rick, no furniture, my biggest piece I kyratised was a tray.... ;-)
  8. kyratango kyratango, 1 month ago
    Thanks Karen for all your loves and thanks to you, 12 early lovers!
  9. kyratango kyratango, 1 month ago
    Precious others, the first one is des cribed as havig the hair net restored!

10. TassieDevil TassieDevil, 1 month ago
    Oh my word Pascale!! This is so beautiful! Can't believe it is costume jewellery!
    Expert restoration I would say, just fabulous:-) ) I adore it!
  11. Bluboi Bluboi, 1 month ago
    She is beautiful!
  12. kyratango kyratango, 1 month ago
    Judy, right, so true looking it can pass for gold and hardstone :-)
    Antique so called costume jewelry was made like precious metal pieces and were of outstanding and durable look quality.
    Thank you for loving my lady and her kyratised look :-D

Bluboi, hi! You're very rare on CW now... I miss your postings, and I'm so grateful you took time to visit my lady and love her! Thank you :-)

Many thanks for your lovely visit, Mike and JImam!
  13. Ms.CrystalShip Ms.CrystalShip, 1 month ago
    Ok, I looked long and hard @ Fabian de Montjoye and if I were to choose, no contest. I would pick yours. It's plain to see more time and love went into your piece. Of course, their's is for sale where your's is to LOVE. :)
  14. lentilka11, 1 month ago
    I just love your restorations!!
  15. kyratango kyratango, 1 month ago
    Oh, Ms.Crystalship, that's a big compliment, thank you! I gave Fabian de Montjoye's one another look... she has a kind of frowning attitude when mine has a quiet smile :-))
    Sure, I stick to my pieces and LOVE them all as much as doing my restorations on some!

Lentilka, thanks a lot! Each time I get a wounded piece I'm thrilled to work on it, and greatly appreciate your so kind comment! Glad you enjoyed this one too :-D