P-51 Mustang

All items1663 of 1966021877-97 Stanley No. 25 (Type II), 8" Sliding T-BevelFIL's Disston D-23 Lightweight, Straight Back, 26” blade, 8 Ppi Crosscut Saw

TreyTrey loves this.
NewfldNewfld loves this.
antiqueroseantiquerose loves this.
ToyrebelToyrebel loves this.
fortapachefortapache loves this.

Posted 1 month ago

Rattletrap

After unsuccessfully advertising for an old War plane on Aviation Weekly for over a year I finally got a call from a guy in NC telling me he had a P-51 Mustang in his private hanger that he was liquidating for a recently deceased friend & thought I might be interested even tho it was disassembled. Are u kidding me? I had my truck and trailer loaded and ready to make the long trip just days later and off we headed for an event of a lifetime! These are just a couple of shots of the result as it is now proudly displayed at Lakeside Storage Museum for all to enjoy. The plane was previously owned by a true war hero with 4 Purple Hearts, a Silver Star and a Bronze Star.

Comments

1. Toyrebel Toyrebel, 1 month ago
      Great Veterans Day post. The Mustang is one of my favorite aircraft. I built several models in my youth. One of the coolest planes ever, beautiful lines.
    2. Newfld Newfld, 1 month ago
      Fantastic plane, love those shark teeth
    3. Rattletrap Rattletrap, 1 month ago
      Toyrebel,
      Exactly! Imagine how I felt when I got that phone call asking me if I wanted to buy a real one!!! I dropped everything and drove across the Planet to get it! The wings were so long on the trailer that I couldn't make left turns all the way from NC to Utah! That took lots of patience and only fueled up at truck stops with wide turning radius. Exciting trip never to be forgotten! Couldn't sleep for nights just thinking about it!
    4. Rattletrap Rattletrap, 1 month ago
      Newfld,
      Thx. I designed and painted those teeth myself after studying pix of originals. Turned out preddy good. We obviously blocked the air scoop intake with a piece of Sheetmetal to keep the Birds from nesting in the engine compartment and that allowed for a finished touch of more teeth than the originals had with the open mouth.
    5. Rattletrap Rattletrap, 24 days ago
      Mfg75
      Thx for the Love it.
    6. Rattletrap Rattletrap, 24 days ago
      AntiqueToys,
      Thx for the Love it. This is a very BIG toy!