Share your favorites on Show & Tell

little rusty 'whatzit' tool

In Tools and Hardware > Show & Tell.
Tools and Hardware1604 of 10063and the toolboxes keep coming...?Mabo supermatic No 118
Love it
Like it

kwqdkwqd loves this.
Irishcollector.Irishcollector. loves this.
WatchsearcherWatchsearcher loves this.
blunderbuss2blunderbuss2 loves this.
vetraio50vetraio50 loves this.
fortapachefortapache loves this.
dav2no1dav2no1 loves this.
See 5 more
Add to collection

    Please create an account, or Log in here

    If you don't have an account, create one here.

    Create a Show & TellReport as inappropriate

    Posted 4 years ago

    (1778 items)

    This little thing was literally plucked out of a small plastic toolbox half full of mostly random nails, screws, and cheap socket wrenches, but also *completely* full of water in which state it had apparently existed for quite awhile. After dumping the water out, I used a screwdriver to dig thru the rest of the rusty junk, this was the only thing within that struck me as 'unusual' before the rest of the whole mess went right to the trash can.

    Anybody know what it is/was?? My only guess so far is some kind of paint can opener maybe...?? I'm also curious if its 'hooked' end is supposed to be bent sideways like that, or if that's something somebody did to it while (maybe) trying to use it for some other purpose.

    Shown here with a US quarter for size reference, it remains in the state I found it. No discernable maker marks, unless there's the remains of something under all the rust I haven't cleaned off of it.

    Tools and Hardware
    See all
    17" Valley Pro AMERICAN HICKORY Woo...
     Viking type light bearded axe / hatchet with handle - RARE SHAPE!!!
    Viking type light bearded axe / ha...
    Neilsen Multi Tool Hatchet Wood Axe Hammer Pry Bar Nail Puller Builder Roof Log
    Neilsen Multi Tool Hatchet Wood Axe...
    9pcs Keys BIG Large Antique Vintage old Brass Skeleton Lot for DIY Making Lock
    9pcs Keys BIG Large Antique Vintage...
    17" Valley Pro AMERICAN HICKORY Woo...
    See all


    1. Congcu, 4 years ago
      It is a bicycle tire tool.
    2. lzenglish lzenglish, 4 years ago
      Possible Old Automotive, Brake adjusting Spoon?, or (brake spoon) for short. Just My WAG......
    3. dav2no1 dav2no1, 4 years ago
      That's exactly what I was thinking...brake tool.
    4. TallCakes TallCakes, 4 years ago
      ditto on bike tire lever tool for removing tire from wheel
    5. SharpGuy, 4 years ago
      And spoke adjuster. (at one time)
    6. Onedtent, 4 years ago
      Tyre lever for a bicycle.

      The indent will "hook" onto one of the spokes to keep it in place as you are using the next one.

      Normally come in a set of three.

    Want to post a comment?

    Create an account or login in order to post a comment.