My antique store.

All items60816 of 100317Great shade... Who knows anything about it..??DUCHESS Hand Crank Sewing Machine

ho2cultchaho2cultcha loves this.
trukn20trukn20 loves this.
mammimammi loves this.
bratjddbratjdd loves this.
LoriLovesVintageLoriLovesVintage loves this.
rocker-sdrocker-sd loves this.

oilman514

Well heres my latest venture and work in progress. I've been wanting to open one for a while and when the chance came up i couldnt pass it up. I have been cleaning and working on it a lot and have it ready to open. Huge space and i have pleanty more stuff i need to put in the store. 17 years old and I'm my own boss.

Thanks,
Robert

Comments

1. EJW-54 EJW-54, 2 years ago
    Way to go! good luck and wishing you success.
  2. Pop_abides Pop_abides, 2 years ago
    Break a leg young man ! We're all pulling for you.
  3. Pop_abides Pop_abides, 2 years ago
    Almost forgot, do not neglect your education.......The store looks great but finish High School and get a couple of years of College....Take it from experience..
  4. oldnfuelish, 2 years ago
    Great job!best of luck to you!
  5. pickingupbones pickingupbones, 2 years ago
    Go for it!! Good luck!! Being your own boss is awsome, but remember the government always have their hand out
  6. packrat-place packrat-place, 2 years ago
    That is very impressive!! great job.
  7. Manikin Manikin, 2 years ago
    Very nice Oilman ! But I agree don't bypass education . You are a driven teen and glad to see young people with a goal and you went for it ! Ok the Shop says you sell dolls to ? I have never seen any posted how about sharing a few on CW and Love Elvis as door greeter :-)
  8. signlovanj, 2 years ago
    Robert,

I'm in awe! Follow your dreams man. Awesome looking store.

Will
  9. officialfuel officialfuel, 2 years ago
    Congratulations Robert on the opening of your new store! Good luck!

Michael
  10. ThriftyGypsy ThriftyGypsy, 2 years ago
    God bless, and much success in your store ! Thrifty Gypsy
  11. Artstudiomgr Artstudiomgr, 2 years ago
    Congratulations and Wish you the Best Of luck !
    Open an Internet shop Too and let us all know.
  12. SuperSLO SuperSLO, 2 years ago
    Excellant Robert! Everyone has advice, which is usually worth what you pay for it. Looks like you have a great start on the quality of your life, and doing something you love is the best start you can get. Internet exposure is good, as Artstudiomgr suggested, but eventually it's about putting your hands on history.....and I have the fuel receipts to prove it!....LOL. Best of luck to you...
    SLO
  13. Pop_abides Pop_abides, 2 years ago
    Just a word, it's time to get some reference books, do some serious research and quit relying on mostly unprofessional appraisals, we like you but there comes a time........:-)
  14. tommy1002 tommy1002, 2 years ago
    Way to go, Good Luck!!!!
  15. DavesCoolStuff DavesCoolStuff, 2 years ago
    Wow, I'm impressed!
  16. rocker-sd rocker-sd, 2 years ago
    Robert, I started at the same age as you, back in 1969. I have made a good living "buying junk and selling Antiques". I finished high school and never looked back. I have spent thousands of dollars on reference books over the years which become obsolete as fast as they are printed. Today I use the internet and some subscription sites and get current up todate values. It has been well worth the money. If you would like more info contact me. Great Job!
  17. Artstudiomgr Artstudiomgr, 2 years ago
    I really like listing and selling items on Etsy.It is just like a brick and Mortar and listing is pretty cheap with decent exposure to buyers.I have made some decent money this year already.If you did not already know about it,You should check it out.
  18. scottvez scottvez, 2 years ago
    The ebay/ paypal comissions will set you back about 12- 14%.

Scott
  19. fhrjr2 fhrjr2, 2 years ago
    There is an old guy named Wes Cowan that took an early interest in old and antique items. He finished his education and enjoyed his interests at the same time. Today he has an income of just over 20 million dollars a year.

If I were you I would send him this post and ask him for an opinion. I am willing to bet he would reply and NO CHARGE. Just look for Cowan Auctions. I think I spelled it right. I assume you already know who he is.

Good Luck
  20. scottvez scottvez, 2 years ago
    Agree with some posters-- get that education first.

Cowan has a great auction company (you can see him on Antique Roadshow) but I don't think his "income" is anywhere close to that high.

Annual sales may be that high, of which he gets a cut from seller (about 20%) and buyer (15%) AND then he has all of the expenses BEFORE he takes home a salary.

I am sure he does well but not 20 million worth of well!

Scott
  21. Pop_abides Pop_abides, 2 years ago
    A-MEN
  22. fhrjr2 fhrjr2, 2 years ago
    The figure I posted is gross income from his bio online, either way I would settle for his cut. His site is a nice resource for finding information and images. I keep intending to bookmark it but always seem to forget.
  23. scottvez scottvez, 2 years ago
    You got me curious fhjr2, so I looked at his site.

The figure represents ANNUAL SALES for the auction house not gross income.

Scott
  24. kerry10456 kerry10456, 2 years ago
    Either way, I'd take his margin, lol. Enough said on that. SO CONGRATS oilman, hope it all works out for you, and good luck. Kerry
  25. mikielikesigns2 mikielikesigns2, 2 years ago
    low overhead & LONG hours was dads key to sucsess, U have the knowledge, i think youll do fine. Pop_abides IS right thow, FINISH SCHOOL
  26. musikchoo musikchoo, 2 years ago
    In Musical terms---"GO JOHNNY GO"
  27. electobacco electobacco, 2 years ago
    This is awesome Robert!! Congratulations and wishing you nothing but the best of luck in your endeavor. Godspeed.... : )
  28. PaperHoarder, 10 months ago