Arts and Crafts silver and ensmel hatpin Gourdel Vales & Co.

In Fine Jewelry > Arts and Crafts Jewelry > Show & Tell and Fine Jewelry > Hatpins > Show & Tell.
Arts and Crafts Jewelry88 of 268Unusual double-sided A&C Silver pendant with boulder opal Elsie Reeves Arts and Crafts Bracelet and matching pendant - amethyst glass and enamel

NewfldNewfld loves this.
RadegunderRadegunder loves this.
nutsabotas6nutsabotas6 loves this.
EfesgirlEfesgirl loves this.
    NULL

Posted 1 year ago

kyratango

It was a long time since my last hatpin buy...

It is 21.5cm long.

The head diameter is 2.3cm.

Reverse enameled, the mark under the enamel is impossible to photograph clearly, G V & Co, Birmingham marks for 1910.

A good clean and little kyratisation on the worn enamel part, et voilà!
:-)))

Comments

1. kyratango kyratango, 1 year ago
    Another of same model:
    Silver & enamel Art Nouveau hat pin, Gourdel Vales & Co, Birmingham 1910 - Catawiki

A necklace by Gourdel Vales, pic showing the mark:
    Gourdel Vales & Co Silver Pendant [13004] : Nouveau Deco Arts
  2. Efesgirl Efesgirl, 1 year ago
    And a lovely job you did, too!
  3. kyratango kyratango, 1 year ago
    Ha Bonnie, you are quick!

I'm waiting for a fantastic hair pic with large domed plique a jour wings... some repair to do on one cell... don't know yet what is the metal...
  4. Manikin Manikin, 1 year ago
    Oh how beautiful ! Do you have a hat pin display ? xo
  5. kyratango kyratango, 1 year ago
    Hi Mani! I don't have specific hatpin holders, I display my pins in any convenient cup or container, filled with molding clay.
    Thank you for your visit, interest and love! XOXO
  6. Enameled_Beetle Enameled_Beetle, 1 year ago
    Beautiful! :)
  7. Mrstyndall Mrstyndall, 1 year ago
    Very pretty one!!
  8. TassieDevil TassieDevil, 1 year ago
    Wonderful colour Pascale!!! Love the really long hatpins......
  9. racer4four racer4four, 1 year ago
    Luminous blue!
  10. bijoucaillouvintage bijoucaillouvintage, 1 year ago
    It's beautiful. And so long! How does it work? I don't know much about hatpins, can't wait to see you modeling it!?
  11. Roycroftbooksfromme1 Roycroftbooksfromme1, 1 year ago
    Sweet ,.. nice job, I myself haven't come across any for a while .. '-(
  12. kyratango kyratango, 1 year ago
    Enameled_Beetle, very glad you love it, thank you :-)

Mrstyndall, I have to agree ;-) thank you!

Judy, I wondered if there was any pun in your comment... I'll say I love all sizes ;-)))
    Thank you for your lovely visit!

Karen, so true! These Arts and Crafts enamels are so appealing, with the blue and green mixed colors. Thank you!

Bijou, coucou! Hatpins size is related to the hat size, depending on the fashion at that time.
    Big hats ---> long stem, the hat pin had for function to hold the hat, pinned through the hair. In art deco era, hai was short cut and hatpins became only decoration with short stems.
    I won't model it... short hair! I put brooches on my hat if I wear one :-)
  13. bijoucaillouvintage bijoucaillouvintage, 1 year ago
    Choucoucou! :-) Thank you Pascale, that's so interesting, as usual! Learning a lot here, and always with so much beauty!
  14. Agram.m Agram.m, 1 year ago
    Hello Pascale as Always a very good find and thanks to the karatysation it becomes a beautiful jewel again
  15. kyratango kyratango, 1 year ago
    Bijou, merci beaucoup :-))

Marga, so kind of you! I don't know what I prefer... hunting for pieces... Kyratising them... Or sharing here ! :-)
    Thank you!

Many thanks to all of you, 33 sweet CW friends who loved the kyratised hatpin :-)
  16. kyratango kyratango, 7 months ago
    This hat pin is featured in CW story about end od 19th and early 20th "sexual harrassment" :-D