Trifari KTF Invisibly Set Rhinestone Brooch

In Costume Jewelry > Trifari Jewelry > Show & Tell.
Trifari Jewelry152 of 311TRIFARI gorgeous bracelet  & necklace set VINTAGE YEAR?Jewelry

kwqdkwqd loves this.
auraaura loves this.
lentilka11lentilka11 loves this.
TassieDevilTassieDevil loves this.
valentino97valentino97 loves this.
freiheitfreiheit loves this.

plein-air-…

Signed KTF and the number 32, this brooch is in the Brunialti book (American Costume Jewelry. N-Z : Art & Industry, 1935-1950) and is described as the combination of two patents. Brunialti gave it 4 stars. How many would you give it?

logo
    Trifari Jewelry
    Signed TRIFARI TM KUNIO MATSUMOTO Vtg Set Aqua Cabochon Lucite Gold Tone
    Signed TRIFARI TM KUNIO MATSUMOTO V...
    $90
    Stunning 1930s TRIFARI Alfred Philippe Fruit Salad Link Bracelet Early KTF Mark
    Stunning 1930s TRIFARI Alfred Phili...
    $355
    Vintage Signed "Trifari" Green Lava Rock Glass Rhinestone Brooch, Perfect!
    Vintage Signed "Trifari" Gr...
    $158
    VTG Signed Trifari TM Gripoix Moghul Key Dangle Jewel Tone Rhinestone Brooch Pin
    VTG Signed Trifari TM Gripoix Moghu...
    $86
    logo
    Signed TRIFARI TM KUNIO MATSUMOTO Vtg Set Aqua Cabochon Lucite Gold Tone
    Signed TRIFARI TM KUNIO MATSUMOTO V...
    $90

Comments

1. valentino97 valentino97, 4 years ago
      I would give it 5 stars - but if the range is 10 - then 10 stars. So beautiful! I need to find that book.
    2. lentilka11, 4 years ago
      maximum stars for sure!! Its gorgeous!
    3. Ms.CrystalShip Ms.CrystalShip, 4 years ago
      This is a treasure!
      Historically, an absolute stunning example of early Trifari!
      I want one! :)
    4. Ms.CrystalShip Ms.CrystalShip, 4 years ago
      Again?...only 7 loves for this exceptional piece of jewelry. Not only is it beautiful, ( valentino has it right giving this gem 10 stars), it is also very rare. You don't see a piece like this on the average, and the condition is pristine. This piece has it all...rarity, history, condition, beauty. Oh, and it's value is in the four figures.
      Thank you, Plein-air, for sharing!
    5. Ms.CrystalShip Ms.CrystalShip, 2 years ago
      I must of looked at this piece over 20 times?
      Can you tell us where you found this?
      Only if you want to though...
      I'm like Mary, like to hear of the hunt, the find!
    6. plein-air-painter plein-air-painter, 2 years ago
      There is wonderful little antiques mall, which used to have the most wonderful jewelry cases. My mother told me about it. How she found it I don't know. She was always a porcelain/glass collector. But there was dealer that had fabulous things. Maggie, a long time employee of the mall tld me that the dealer i really admired, was selling off her parents antiques and jewelry store. What a store that must of been. I have seen several incredibly rare pieces there, really moderately priced, but more than I could afford. One day after the mall moved to its new, smaller location, I went in and saw this in her case. It wasn't that expensive, and I had seen it in the Brunialti book. So I just bought it. I'm not sure this dealer is there anymore. I think she has moved online. She just had the most fabulous things. She had the most fabulous Trifari pieces.
    7. Ms.CrystalShip Ms.CrystalShip, 2 years ago
      Wow, what a story!
    8. plein-air-painter plein-air-painter, 2 years ago
      Thanks Eileen. I agree, the hunt is so fun.
    9. Ms.CrystalShip Ms.CrystalShip, 2 years ago
      There's an antique mall in a small town south of me. Population around 1300.
      I always pass it by, next time I'm stopping!
    10. Ms.CrystalShip Ms.CrystalShip, 2 years ago
      I re- visit this beauty often...
      Magnificent!
    11. Ms.CrystalShip Ms.CrystalShip, 2 years ago
      Question for our Trifari expert....
      Obviously the pave' set stones and baguettes in this piece are " glued in",
      but what of the "waffle glass"? It's open- backed.
      I believe those wonderful pieces of crystal are bezel set, which is very time consuming &
      expensive.
    12. plein-air-painter plein-air-painter, 2 years ago
      Hi. I don't know who the Trifari expert is, but this is my understanding of how the invisible set stones were done. The stones were made as a single piece of waffle like glass. The glass was bezel set in the leaf shape, but glued as an additional security. The leaf vein is also in place over the leaf ( as as you see is set with tiny rhinestones). On the back side you can see where the leaf was drilled and a rivet was used as a structural support. The difficulty is the rivet would be hammered. One slip and you can hit the glass and crack it. In addition, drilling the glass can be a bit tricky, too. Only on the leaves do you see this. Most applications, like the earrings, there is a much small piece of the invisibly set glass used. I hope the expert concurs with this analysis.
    13. kyratango kyratango, 2 years ago
      Not a "costume" joolie... but I LOVE your brooch!
      I must visit the costume jewelry CW part... ;-)
      What a find!!!
    14. Ms.CrystalShip Ms.CrystalShip, 2 years ago
      I just looked at the "drilled & riveted" part of the leaf.
      Amazing pain-staking work... The artisans of days gone by can never be undermined for their work, they took immense pride in what they created and it shows in this most amazing piece of Trifari history.
      If I haven't before, I will now -thank you Maureen for sharing this piece most of us would never lay eyes on...
    15. Newfld Newfld, 2 years ago
      Beautiful piece, the red leaves here remind me of the lovely anthuriums I saw there, both in plant form and cut in table vase arrangements.
      Maureen, Ken mentioned you have written a book on Trifari, is this true, if so congrats on sharing your expertise on this great brand:)
    16. plein-air-painter plein-air-painter, 2 years ago
      Hi Newfld,
      Thanks for your beautifully descriptive comment. I did write a book on Trifari. It's available on the Amazon Kindle.
      I don love the Trifari brand. I also have written on costume jewelry, Native American Jewelry and Scottish Jewelry.
      Best,Maureen
    17. Ms.CrystalShip Ms.CrystalShip, 2 years ago
      Maureen,
      What a wonderful modest person you are!
      To have written several books on vintage jewelry is quite an accomplishment!
      How wonderful to have a published expert on our favorite subject!!
    18. plein-air-painter plein-air-painter, 2 years ago
      Hi Eileen, Thank you. Maureen
    19. Ms.CrystalShip Ms.CrystalShip, 1 year ago
      Happy New Year, Maureen!
      Looking at Friends collections this morning, and picking my favorite piece to wish you Happy New Year! May the coming year find you and yours healthy, and happy. This was the first piece of yours that I can remember nearly falling over when I saw it. Still blows me away the condition of such a beautiful piece of Trifari history!
    20. Mrstyndall Mrstyndall, 1 year ago
      Awesome! Happy New Year!
    21. Ms.CrystalShip Ms.CrystalShip, 1 year ago
      Funny I always come back to my favorite piece of your stunning collection, but I can’t help it. It is a true rarity and Trifari history!
      Happy Easter, Maureen!
    22. plein-air-painter plein-air-painter, 1 year ago
      Hi Eileen, Happy Easter. Thanks for stopping by this post again. Thrilled that such a knowledgeable and savvy collector appreciates this piece.
      Best, Maureen
    23. plein-air-painter plein-air-painter, 1 year ago
      I never thanked all you collectors for stopping by and loving one of my favorites of all time. So here goes!
      Thanks
      lentilka11
      TassieDevil
      valentino97
      freiheit
      for the love!
    24. plein-air-painter plein-air-painter, 12 months ago
      six-o-one Thank you for your compliment and love.
    25. Andreamw, 2 months ago
      My first time seeing this piece in 2021-- what a treasure!!