63 Chevy photos from 1972-73 of my high school car

In Photographs > Show & Tell and Classic Cars > Chevrolet Impala > Show & Tell.
Photographs42 of 4377Any information on this "personal" steamboat?Inez The Forgotten

SignaholicSignaholic loves this.
TreyTrey loves this.
lzenglishlzenglish loves this.
bucketheadbuckethead loves this.
CaperkidCaperkid loves this.

Posted 2 months ago

EJW-54

I finally dug out some old photos from the 1970's and these are the only photos of my high school car that I built out of 3 1963 chevy's. In the 3rd photo you see the 1st one I bought and the 62 chevyII I was driving in the background. The 2nd 63 I bought had a 283 with 3 on the floor hurst that I pulled and put in the car in the 3rd photo. I then found a 63 SS in a junk yard and put that interior in the car. I put chrome reverse rims on it and dual exhaust with cherry bombs and had a lot of fun with this car and even ran it at the local Drag Strip for fun on Friday nights. Sure wish I still had it.

Comments

1. buckethead buckethead, 2 months ago
    Ahhhh......Chromies and cherry bombs...I remember them well :)
    I had a '62 Impala. Cool post!
  2. Trey Trey, 2 months ago
    I remember you telling me about this car:)
  3. gargoylecollector gargoylecollector, 2 months ago
    oh, those chrome reverses........................................................dang just shorted out my keyboard drooling...........................lol regretting getting rid of mine now...........Had a white '63 SS p/s, p/b,a/c,floor shift auto ,and rare factory vinyl top.Where's the double love button???????????????
  4. EJW-54 EJW-54, 2 months ago
    Thanks buckethead, I think you can still buy cherry bombs.. :)
  5. EJW-54 EJW-54, 2 months ago
    That's right Trey! I probably talk to much about the past but those old cars are just to cool! Thanks!
  6. EJW-54 EJW-54, 2 months ago
    Glad you love my old car Caperkid lzenglish, Oroyoroyisthatyourhorse , mikelv85, Rattletrap, thegatherer , nutsabotas6, fortapache, vetraio50 and blunderbuss2.
  7. EJW-54 EJW-54, 2 months ago
    Oh Man gargoylecollector, was yours a true SS ? I had that SS console and chrome shifter plate like yours in mine, the SS I found in the junk yard was Black with red pinstripes and Aqua blue interior the same as mine, I think I paid $15 for the seats and the console that I put in mine :)
  8. gargoylecollector gargoylecollector, 1 month ago
    Yep, a real SS!The '63 is my 2nd favorite Impala!Mine had buckets (black interior) and the console also,it was definitely rare and restorable,but I have too many!
  9. EJW-54 EJW-54, 1 month ago
    gargoylecollector, theres no such thing as too many!! but keep telling yourself that so it dosnt hurt to bad that you let it go....LOL
  10. EJW-54 EJW-54, 1 month ago
    Cool you love this too kingshawn and charmsomeone, Thanks!
  11. EJW-54 EJW-54, 1 month ago
    Thanks Ben75 for checkin this out and adding another Love it!
  12. Manikin Manikin, 1 month ago
    Sweet ride :-) I drove a 62 impala chevy to High school not as cool as yours !
  13. EJW-54 EJW-54, 1 month ago
    Thanks Manikin! I have a friend who has restored 2 62 Impalas!
  14. MacDaddyRico MacDaddyRico, 1 month ago
    Ah, the good old days...when we were neither good nor old...
  15. EJW-54 EJW-54, 1 month ago
    Thanks MacDaddyRico, neither good? don't know what you were doing at 18 yrs old but I knew everything and there nothing I couldn't do! LOL
  16. MacDaddyRico MacDaddyRico, 1 month ago
    @EJW-54, Not good as in naughty...wink wink...
  17. Roycroftbooksfromme1 Roycroftbooksfromme1, 27 days ago
    I can remember helping dropping a couple of 409's in these ..on summer break..nice car and pictures ...
  18. EJW-54 EJW-54, 26 days ago
    Oh Yeah!! She's real fine.. my 409!! very cool Roycroftbooksfromme1, I always wished mine had a 409.
  19. EJW-54 EJW-54, 24 days ago
    Cool you all love my old car, Thanks officialfuel, rustyboltz, Chevelleman69, Longings, shughs, farmlady, sanhardin, Designer, usedcarlady, trukn20, sugargirl, AntigueToys, leighannrn, crswerner, Beachbum58, snowman3, Neighborguysfan, chrissylovescats, MountainGirl, MooreAntique, vintagegirl66 and mtg75
  20. EJW-54 EJW-54, 20 days ago