Art-Deco Porceliron Table

In Art Deco > Show & Tell and Furniture > Tables > Show & Tell.
Art Deco19 of 3996Art deco "Gebruder Funk" German glass vasePair of horses - ceramic marked RC

valentino97valentino97 loves this.
fortapachefortapache loves this.
PhilDMorrisPhilDMorris loves this.
bobby725bobby725 loves this.
AnythingObscureAnythingObscure loves this.

Posted 15 days ago

SpiritBear

Well, I could tell how much my mom adored this table at the antique store, but the price was too high for her. So... :)

Surprised her the next day and had it set for 1930 (in just a few minutes as I was running behind from work and had to get the rust and grime off it.... plus our other table is a heavy beast that almost killed me in moving it by myself.....) to make it more presentable, and we had a nice supper that night.

Porceliron, by Ingram-Richardson Mfg. Co. of Beaver Falls, PA. They were around from the early 1900s (1912 for Porceliron merger) to 1965ish, with 'porceliron table tops' seen in magazines from 1917-1964, but I couldn't find out when this table was made. 1930s? 1940s? It has a very Art-Deco base and a bold patterned top.

Comments

1. AnythingObscure AnythingObscure, 15 days ago
    That's an AWESOME table SB -- and what a thoughtful surprise for your Mom?!!

<applause> all around!!
  2. Gillian, 15 days ago
    Wowser - beautiful table. Before I enlarged one of the photos I thought if was a table cloth, and was going to ask to see the table top!

That's incredible Spirit, and such a wonderful gift for your Mum.
  3. TimeTraveller TimeTraveller, 15 days ago
    I really love your moms milk glass. My favorite piece is the covered sugar bowl. I love pieces with lids. That pitcher is a close second.
  4. bobby725 bobby725, 15 days ago
    Cool table! check out the one I posted 3 yrs. ago, very similar.
  5. SpiritBear SpiritBear, 14 days ago
    Anything Obscure, thank you. She loves it.

Gillian, it's hard to believe a table so bold exists. LOL.

Time Traveller, All the glass/porcelain you see there I found at thrift-stores. Plates for me, milkglass for mom. The sugar bowl and pitcher are of the same pattern.

Bobby725, thank you. I found a few other manufacturers of enameled tables while looking into when they were most popular.
  6. nutsabotas6 nutsabotas6, 13 days ago
    What a gorgeous table...I thought it was covered too !!
  7. SpiritBear SpiritBear, 13 days ago
    nutsabotas6, it's something you either love or hate the look of.
  8. Tahiti1 Tahiti1, 8 days ago
    You are so sweet, your mom is a lucky woman! I have never seen a table like that, it is beautiful!!
  9. SpiritBear SpiritBear, 8 days ago
    Tahiti1, upon seeing it, my nephew gasped and loudly exclaimed, "It's beautiful!" I didn't expect him to love it. LOL.