Czech Tango spatter glass vase

In Art Glass > Bohemian Art Glass > Show & Tell.
Bohemian Art Glass271 of 5599The Ruckl Interwar Era Glass Collection - the multi colored spatter pieces in orangeBOHEMIAN/CZECH GLASS - Welz ??

philmac51philmac51 loves this.
bracken3bracken3 loves this.
JustanoviceJustanovice loves this.
AdeleCAdeleC loves this.
sklo42sklo42 loves this.

Posted 6 months ago

IronLace

Funny how when you decide that you're going to get back into collecting a certain type of item, nice examples start popping up...following my pair of black Tango glass vases with bottom - up spatter, this vase was found at the same op shop two weeks later.
    It is made from spatter in orange, yellow, red, & dark blue, cased in clear. The vase measures 20.5 cm tall, 5 cm across the top rim, & 7 cm across the base. I have not seen a vase in precisely the same shape...the cupped top of it is vaguely reminiscent of a hyacinth vase, but then it turns somewhat mushroom - like.
    Czech, 1920s - 1930s...any thoughts on a maker are much appreciated.

Comments

1. sklo42 sklo42, 6 months ago
      Nice shape on this one!
    2. IronLace IronLace, 6 months ago
      Many thanks, sklo42, & I thought so, too. Just a little bit different!
    3. truthordare truthordare, 6 months ago
      Loe this. IL. I have the one in yellow spatter, these vases have a big range of other glass decors and I consider them to be by A. Ruckl. I have both the orange and the yellow spatters pieces is several other shapes. Could do a post of them if you are interested. Don't have this orange one.....darn,,,,lol.
      I own these, shown on the website: https://nebula.wsimg.com/81e6c057979a6b6d87a0c9b887c02f06?AccessKeyId=3A908495ACD7ABD44DFC&disposition=0&alloworigin=1
    4. racer4four racer4four, 6 months ago
      You have found the Czech glass mother lode op shop.
    5. IronLace IronLace, 6 months ago
      Many thanks, truthordare & thanks also for the link...I can definitely see that distinctive shape in your vase as well!
    6. IronLace IronLace, 6 months ago
      Racer, I agree, it is bringing me a lot of good fortune so I'll continue to pay regular visits...