Vintage Kitchen Utensils Strainer Whisker And Potato Masher

In Kitchen > Show & Tell.
Kitchen604 of 7062Latest Addition: The Kookie KettleSalt and pepper shakers

NewfldNewfld loves this.
jscott0363jscott0363 loves this.
racer4fourracer4four loves this.
PhilDMorrisPhilDMorris loves this.
fattytailfattytail loves this.

fortapache

One of my standards for a bit an an antique malls was picking up vintage kitchen utensils. My kitchen is pretty full now but I still pick up a piece now and then. These are three of my latest, a whisker, a potato masher and a strainer. The strainer is the most interesting piece as it fits over a small pot leaving one with two free hands. See photo #3 for exciting details. It is sitting on top of a antique double boiler.
    Photo 4 has my strainer sharing a hook with the waffle maker holder. The other two are hanging from the ceiling also sharing hooks with other utensils.

logo
    Kitchen
    Vintage Country Glass Kitchen Accent - Set of 4 Measuring Cups
    Vintage Country Glass Kitchen Accen...
    $9
    Large Cast Iron Pizza Pan Griddle Vintage Look Round Lightly Pre-Seasoned 14Inch
    Large Cast Iron Pizza Pan Griddle V...
    $60
    Replacement Cup For All Vintage Hamilton Beach  Malt Milkshake Mixers
    Replacement Cup For All Vintage Ham...
    $9
    VINTAGE LE CREUSET BLUE ENAMEL CAST IRON SAUCE PAN SKILLET LID COMBO # 18 FRANCE
    VINTAGE LE CREUSET BLUE ENAMEL CAST...
    $114
    logo
    Vintage Country Glass Kitchen Accent - Set of 4 Measuring Cups
    Vintage Country Glass Kitchen Accen...
    $9

Comments

1. PhilDMorris PhilDMorris, 2 years ago
      My grandma made great fries, loved them, she had a very similar strainer, might be harder to find one exactly like it now !~
    2. racer4four racer4four, 2 years ago
      I love the masher most. It appears almost handmade, so rustic. Surely 100 years old?
    3. Newfld Newfld, 2 years ago
      My mom had all of these or very similar, she was a 50s bride, nothing automatic in her kitchen - I remember hard as she tried, there were always some lumps in our mashed potatoes
    4. McCoyNelson McCoyNelson, 2 years ago
      looks like the strainer would be great for straining the juice from the beenie weenies.
    5. Toyrebel Toyrebel, 2 years ago
      Brings back memories of granny in the kitchen in the 50's.
    6. fortapache fortapache, 2 years ago
      Thank you very much Phil. There is one around somewhere.

Thank you very much racer4four. I fear I know not.

Thank you very much Newfld. We had lumpy mashed potatoes at holiday dinners.

Thank you very much McCoyNelson. I should make another batch soon.

Thank you very much Toyrebel. Glad to bring back the memories.
    7. fortapache fortapache, 2 years ago
      iggy
      nutsabotas6
      Roycroftbooksfromme1
      Caperkid
      gargoylecollector
    8. antiquerose antiquerose, 2 years ago
      .........For flips sakes FORT, were you digging in my kitchen drawers again here....LOL...as I have a lot of old things in there like this in there. Just family hand downs. I have quite a few things here with the old wooden handle on them
    9. fortapache fortapache, 2 years ago
      Thank you very much antiquerose. Yes I fear I borrowed a few items. I hope you do not mind.
    10. fortapache fortapache, 2 years ago
      Thank you Brunswick.
    11. fortapache fortapache, 2 years ago
      Thank you vetraio50.
    12. artfoot artfoot, 2 years ago
      That thing you are calling a whisk is actually an egg separator - the white flows through and the yolk stays in the coil.
    13. fortapache fortapache, 2 years ago
      Thank you very much artfoot. I should amend the description.
    14. fortapache fortapache, 2 years ago