My Victorian Painted Lady Dollhouse Exterior

In Dolls > Dollhouses > Show & Tell.
Dollhouses6 of 45 45 Goodramgate House (York, England) Tudor Dollhouse Peter MattinsonDollhouse I built (twice)...more pictures

shareurpassionshareurpassion loves this.
kyratangokyratango loves this.
Vynil33rpmVynil33rpm loves this.
MrstyndallMrstyndall loves this.
GnatGnat loves this.
TheGateKeeperTheGateKeeper loves this.
LaurenRedmondLaurenRedmond loves this.
ToyrebelToyrebel loves this.
jscott0363jscott0363 loves this.
fortapachefortapache loves this.

Watchsearc…

This is my most elaborate dollhouse which I built from a kit with a few personal modifications such as the basement door and various embellishments.
    I wish I had wired it for lights during construction but real lights were not even a remote desire at the time. Now that I do have lights, I have a few wires strung along baseboards but isn’t that just like a real home to have an extension cord somewhere you try to hide?
    The small door in the basement access which was perfect for housing the electronics.

We have lots of birds in reality, so I continued that theme on the exterior walls and hung a birdcage in the living room.
    I love bright colors so that’s how I painted it inside and out!
    I was inspired by real Victorian Painted Lady houses I’ve seen in Savannah Ga, Charleston SC and in Wisconsin.

On the porch window sill, those are real flowers I grew! They are called Straw Fowers and I used some of their tiniest blossoms in various parts of the house and grounds ( the outdoor spaces will be in a separate post also)

Thanks for looking! Hope you enjoy!

logo
    Dollhouses
    VINTAGE MARX TIN DOLLHOUSE 2 STORY
    VINTAGE MARX TIN DOLLHOUSE 2 STORY...
    $100
    Antique Lithograph Wood R. Bliss Dollhouse VGC Not Repro
    Antique Lithograph Wood R. Bliss Do...
    $525
    Vintage Lundby Sweden Furnished 4-STORY Mid-Century Modern Miniature Dollhouse
    Vintage Lundby Sweden Furnished 4-S...
    $450
    LMAS ~ Vintage German Grocery Store Doll House Spice Drawers Display Cubbies
    LMAS ~ Vintage German Grocery Store...
    $200
    logo
    VINTAGE MARX TIN DOLLHOUSE 2 STORY
    VINTAGE MARX TIN DOLLHOUSE 2 STORY...
    $100

Comments

1. jscott0363 jscott0363, 2 years ago
      Wow!! That's really beautifully done. What a talent you have!!!
    2. fortapache fortapache, 2 years ago
      Very well done.
    3. Newfld Newfld, 2 years ago
      Really gorgeous & realistic Victorian gingerbread design, excellent work
    4. Watchsearcher Watchsearcher, 2 years ago
      Jscotto363, Fortapache, Newfld - it’s gratifying to know you all (y’all) like it! ;-)
    5. Watchsearcher Watchsearcher, 1 year ago
      Kyratango
      Toyrebel
      Manikin
      Thank you all for the Loves and I apologize for the delay in acknowledging you!
    6. Watchsearcher Watchsearcher, 1 year ago
      LaurenRedmond
      TheGateKeeper
      Thank you both for enjoying the dollhouse and submitting a Love!
    7. Gnat Gnat, 1 year ago
      Wow excellent work! I love it. I have a good amount of dollhouse furnture and have always wanted to make one.
    8. Watchsearcher Watchsearcher, 1 year ago
      Gnat, thank you for the compliment! So glad you enjoyed. I hope you will build a dollhouse for all your furniture.
    9. Gnat Gnat, 1 year ago
      I will post it when I build my first one. I used to build condos and homes so I might be able to miniaturize my previous work. Cheers and enjoy your weekend.
    10. Watchsearcher Watchsearcher, 1 year ago
      Thank you! I’ll be watching for that dollhouse.
    11. fhrjr2 fhrjr2, 1 year ago
      Very nice looking. Are you going to add steps to get up to the front porch??
    12. Watchsearcher Watchsearcher, 1 year ago
      Fhrjr2, I have the steps but decided not to install them because they would have projected out about 4” which would have crowded the table. I needed every inch of space to be able to get the house, Art Garden, vegetable garden, still, outhouse, tool shed, well, animal pen and sitting area in the 48” diameter space and not crowd anything.
      I also left off the interior stairs because they would have taken up space I needed for furniture.
    13. Watchsearcher Watchsearcher, 1 year ago
      That table in picture 2 was just the work table....after it was built, I moved it to a table I made and covered with green “grass” used for model railroads and such.
    14. Golgatha Golgatha, 1 year ago
      I thought a dollhouse was a place where professional ladies had their business ?
    15. Watchsearcher Watchsearcher, 1 year ago
      Golgatha, Lol, hmmm....not in this case!