BSK fish brooch

In Costume Jewelry > Costume Brooches > Show & Tell.
Costume Brooches163 of 2332Gem-Craft ibex goat brooch, Cristal d'Arques mountain goat glass paperweight Bird brooch

iggyiggy loves this.
WatchsearcherWatchsearcher loves this.
BrunswickBrunswick loves this.
racer4fourracer4four loves this.
kwqdkwqd loves this.

Posted 9 months ago

Newfld

This 2 3-4" fish brooch has the appearance of swimming through seaweed, with a shiny seafoam green & silver body and large red cabochon eye, on goldtone. By BSK ca 1950s

logo
    Costume Brooches
    Bee Vintage Gold Pin Brooch D-4520
    Bee Vintage Gold Pin Brooch D-4520...
    $10
    HIGH QUALITY Vintage Lot Necklaces Brooches Earrings Pearls Lucite Rhinestones
    HIGH QUALITY Vintage Lot Necklaces ...
    $104
    GORGEOUS Vintage Mod Pearl Brooch LOT Art Sarah Coventry Roman Avon
    GORGEOUS Vintage Mod Pearl Brooch L...
    $20
    Bow Pin Art Deco Brass Vintage Antiqued Geometric 56mm  1 Pin Brooch
    Bow Pin Art Deco Brass Vintage Anti...
    $3
    logo
    Bee Vintage Gold Pin Brooch D-4520
    Bee Vintage Gold Pin Brooch D-4520...
    $10

Comments

1. LaurenRedmond LaurenRedmond, 9 months ago
      A very cool fish- I think he reminds me of those odd deep sea fish that you sometimes see- is it a football fish, or a hatchet fish maybe? I think his fins help that- they look like pieces of coral actually and not actually part of him. I also love his colours and his little beady red eye!
    2. Mrstyndall Mrstyndall, 9 months ago
      Really like this fish, with its red eye and two tone body. So cute!
    3. Newfld Newfld, 9 months ago
      Truly appreciate the love all
      Kevin
      Phil
      MrsT
      Elisabeth
      fort
      Michael
      bobby

Thanks Ken for the fab compliment, yes BSK had some pretty nice pieces - I have another fish brooch by them that is a 'book piece' & is on one of the Julia Carroll book covers, but one of the fins had snapped off, so gotta wait & see if another one floats around (pun intended lol)

Lauren thank you for the wonderful comment, he is a rather unusual looking and artsy fish, I like his shiny body and how they used two color brushstrokes on it. Those are good guesses of his type of fish, as the coral or seaweed covering him partially obscures his shape

Thanks MrsT for seeing the cute here & the nice compliments, I can almost see this fellow swimming around in a big indoor aquarium he would certainly be a bright spot there
    4. Newfld Newfld, 9 months ago
      Very grateful for the kind love Mary, thank you so much I'm glad you liked this
    5. Findings, 9 months ago
      very nice......love the color.
    6. Newfld Newfld, 9 months ago
      Glad you liked this piece Findings & appreciate the kind compliment, I really like that green & silver body color as well, it's an unusual brushstroke paint type design
    7. Alan2310 Alan2310, 9 months ago
      Jenny, as usual your picture are very nice, it show this brooch in it’s glory, the little fish seems to be on the move.
      Alan
    8. Newfld Newfld, 9 months ago
      Thank you Alan for the wonderful comment and love, yes I think this fish looks quite the swimmer, I enjoy posing fish the way they swim in an aquarium lol :)
    9. Newfld Newfld, 9 months ago
      Thank you Pascale for the thoughtful love it is very kind of you & I'm always very grateful my friend
    10. Newfld Newfld, 9 months ago
      Thank you so much glassiegirl for the kind love I'm very grateful and pleased that you liked this fish
    11. purvis purvis, 9 months ago
      Very cute ! You come up with another winner . Purvis
    12. Newfld Newfld, 8 months ago
      Thanks so much Purvis for the super compliment and love, really glad you liked this lil swimmer, and hats off to your great collection as well I love your stuff :)
    13. Newfld Newfld, 5 months ago
      Thanks Malkey & Daisy for the kind and thoughtful love I really appreciate it
    14. Newfld Newfld, 1 month ago
      Many thanks iggy for the kind love of this fish, he is quite unusual & pretty realistic I think swimming thru the seaweed