Moriage porcelain duck toothpick holder

In Asian > Japanese Pottery > Show & Tell and Kitchen > Toothpick Holders > Show & Tell.
Japanese Pottery143 of 1275Rectangular porcelain Japanese trayKoransha porcelain sake set

vcalvcal loves this.
MALKEYMALKEY loves this.
racer4fourracer4four loves this.
blunderbuss2blunderbuss2 loves this.
BenBen loves this.
MarmorealMaidenMarmorealMaiden loves this.
fortapachefortapache loves this.
Vynil33rpmVynil33rpm loves this.
auraaura loves this.
PhilDMorrisPhilDMorris loves this.
WatchsearcherWatchsearcher loves this.
dav2no1dav2no1 loves this.

Posted 1 year ago

kwqd

This little toothpick holder is 3" long x 2" high x 1.75" deep and marked "Made in Japan" on the bottom. At $.99, I couldn't pass it up. It was pretty dusty and dirty but cleaned up pretty well. I was surprised at how bright the colors and gilding were afterward. Not a lot of paint loss, except gilding on the rim and beak and a bit to the moriage. Fun, colorful little piece, dating maybe to the 1960s or 1970s?

logo
    Japanese Pottery
    Japanese meiji satsuma pottery vase with mark
    Japanese meiji satsuma pottery vase...
    $222
    Large Antique Japanese Meiji Period Satsuma Pottery Ginger Jar Birds & Flowers
    Large Antique Japanese Meiji Period...
    $217
    19th C Japanese Imperial Satsuma Gosu Blue Signed Lidden Censor 3 1/2 Inches
    19th C Japanese Imperial Satsuma Go...
    $499
    FINE ANTIQUE JAPANESE SATSUMA VASE MEIJI ERA #2
    FINE ANTIQUE JAPANESE SATSUMA VASE ...
    $106
    logo
    Japanese meiji satsuma pottery vase with mark
    Japanese meiji satsuma pottery vase...
    $222

Comments

1. Newfld Newfld, 1 year ago
      Totally adorable, cheery duck toothpick holder :)
    2. kwqd kwqd, 1 year ago
      Thanks for your comment, Jenni! It think so, too. It cleaned up really well and looks almost brand new, now.

Thanks for loving my little duck toothpick holder Kevin, aura, Jenni, PhilDMorris, Watchsearcher, Manikin, fortapache and dav2no1!
    3. Vynil33rpm Vynil33rpm, 1 year ago
      Very nice , just quirky enough to make me grin
    4. kwqd kwqd, 1 year ago
      Thanks for your comment, Vynil33rpm! Definitely a quirky little piece. Makes me smile, too!
    5. kwqd kwqd, 1 year ago
      Thanks for hitting the Love button for my moriage duck toothpick holder Thomas, MarmorealMaiden and fortapache!
    6. kwqd kwqd, 1 year ago
      Thank you Ben!
    7. kwqd kwqd, 1 year ago
      Thank you MALKEY, Karen and blunderbuss2!
    8. dav2no1 dav2no1, 1 year ago
      Take a look at these Majolica style cups made in Japan. I just picked them up for our store. North West Vintage..NOWVI at Etsy.

9. kwqd kwqd, 1 year ago
      Very pretty. I lived in Kent, WA for awhile before moving to Seattle. Been to poo-yah-loop ;) several times.
    10. dav2no1 dav2no1, 1 year ago
      I just always see you buying Japanese cups and thought you would enjoy these. They are different from what we normally see.
    11. kwqd kwqd, 1 year ago
      Thanks! I mostly collect artisan made Japanese meoto yunomi sets, preferably with a tomobako. I will very occasionally purchase a solitary Japanese yunomi, but only, if it is hand made, hand painted and marked by the kiln that made it. Mass produced Japanese pottery is outside of my area of interest. I am always interested in looking at Japanese pottery, in general, though. Those are some pretty cups and look like they would be a pleasure to use!
    12. dav2no1 dav2no1, 1 year ago
      My mother was Japanese and we had lots of pottery and bowls etc. But my sister inherited all and she is having a hard time letting go of any of it.
    13. kwqd kwqd, Yesterday