Vintage Venetian Blown Glass Flower Necklace

In Costume Jewelry > Murano Jewelry > Show & Tell.
Murano Jewelry1 of 24Art Glass Bead Necklace unknown hang tagold Murano necklace

jbingham95jbingham95 loves this.
PhilDMorrisPhilDMorris loves this.
auraaura loves this.
jscott0363jscott0363 loves this.
kwqdkwqd loves this.

Posted 5 months ago

Elisabethan

Hello, looking through my jewelry in order to...well because there is not a lot else to do. Glass beads always cheer me up.

This is a vintage venetian blown glass flower necklace. I have seen some other examples online and most said venetian so I am thinking that is right. Probably midcentury.
    This is a necklace that is a little much for most occassions but I will find the right moment one of these days, or I will have to give it away.
    I think it is really nicely crafted and in very good condition. No trace of anything missing or damaged. Mint.
    It is paleblue but depending on the light - as you can see - the colors looks quite different.
    Hope you like it.

logo
    Murano Jewelry
    Vintage Venetian Murano Glass Bead & Glass Fruit Salad Necklace Gorgeous
    Vintage Venetian Murano Glass Bead ...
    $185
    Vintage Italian Venetian Art Glass Murano Gold Fleck Bead Flapper Necklace 52"
    Vintage Italian Venetian Art Glass ...
    $48
    Vintage Wedding Cake Glass Bead Necklace 24" Knotted Venetian Murano 46 Beads
    Vintage Wedding Cake Glass Bead Nec...
    $29
    VINTAGE ITALY VENETIAN MURANO OPALESCENT BLUE GLASS BEAD NECKLACE
    VINTAGE ITALY VENETIAN MURANO OPALE...
    $32
    logo
    Vintage Venetian Murano Glass Bead & Glass Fruit Salad Necklace Gorgeous
    Vintage Venetian Murano Glass Bead ...
    $185

Comments

1. jscott0363 jscott0363, 5 months ago
      That is truly BEAUTIFUL!
    2. PhilDMorris PhilDMorris, 5 months ago
      Actually you have lots to do just in admiring your good taste in this one ! It just shimmers on that satin, I missed this one and its a keeper just for your fort knox in situ, congratulations !~
    3. Newfld Newfld, 5 months ago
      Absolutely gorgeous glass flower necklace, fascinating change in color under different lighting
    4. Elisabethan Elisabethan, 5 months ago
      Jscott0363 thanks for your kind coment!

PhilDMorris thankyou :) it was in a marketplace far away from you so you did not miss it :). It came in a vintage jewelry box from the Stockholm store NK (Nordiska kompaniet) and the box also looks midcentury so I feel fairly sure about the age on this. I found the set at an auction and for some reason that I can not explain - and to my surprice - I got it for very little money. The best kind of find :) I have wanted one of these but have only seen one before here but with glassbirds. I didn't buy that one. I prefer flowers :) Have a nice weekend Phil! I am hoping for snow but it will probably not happen.

Thank you Newfld! Yes it a bit weird ha ha. Two necklaces in one :) Will have to call in head of a party (in the future) to ask about the lighting in order to match eather my turqouise or my blue flower necklace. Then they will wonder if I am weird.... :)
    5. Ms.CrystalShip Ms.CrystalShip, 5 months ago
      The craftsmanship done on this piece is truly amazing! The “flowers” look to be portraying Blue Bells, and the tiny blue “dots” on the ends of the clear flowers give it just the right touch. I always zoom in to get a good look at a piece, this one is “truly amazing”!
    6. Elisabethan Elisabethan, 5 months ago
      Thank you Ms.ChrystalShip! Yes I agree. I also think the clear with blue dots does the thing. If you have zoomed in you have unfortunately also seen that I still have some more cleaning to do :) :) I have but need to go over it again as I only dared to do some light cleaning. I think it has been used and then but in the box and cept in a drawer for a long time. With gentle cleaning a few times it will be good. Thanks again for your kind coment.
    7. Elisabethan Elisabethan, 5 months ago
      Thanks for loving my post
      Ms.ChrystalShip
      racer4four
      fortapache
      dlpetersen
      Newfld
      Watchsearcher
      Vetraio50
      PhilDMorris
      aura
      jscott0363
      kwqd
    8. Elisabethan Elisabethan, 5 months ago
      Thanks Manikin, RichmondLori and Brunswick.
    9. valentino97 valentino97, 5 months ago
      It's so pretty! I hope you keep it for a long time. I love the colors and delicate beads.
    10. Elisabethan Elisabethan, 5 months ago
      Thank you Mary! Yes the color is mostly sort of iceblue. I will probably keep it. Can always pass it on to younger relatives.
    11. Elisabethan Elisabethan, 5 months ago
      Thank you also for loving my post six-0-one.
    12. Elisabethan Elisabethan, 5 months ago
      Thanks Valentino for nice coment and for loving the post.
    13. PhilDMorris PhilDMorris, 5 months ago
      You did so well on this one, Merry Christmas to you !~
    14. Elisabethan Elisabethan, 5 months ago
      Thank you so very much Phil! Kind of you. Merry Christmas to you too and a happier new year!