Antique natural seed pearls filigree flowers trembler hair ornament.

In Fine Jewelry > Pearls > Show & Tell and Accessories > Show & Tell.
Pearls9 of 108What kind of pearl14k Gold and Seed Pearl Pin

Hel1Hel1 loves this.
EfesgirlEfesgirl loves this.
    NULL

Posted 1 year ago

kyratango

Only bidder :-)

Described as brass and natural seed pearls, but I think the flowers are gilded silver filigree, and only the pin and springs are brass.

The whole piece measures 14cm (5 1/2") long and each flower 2cm, spring stem is approx. 5cm (1.7/8") long.

Even if it may looks like some Chinese Qing dynasty hair ornaments, as it is all white, without coral, enamel or kingfisher parts, I feel it to be european, regional.

Though I sometime need seed pearls for repairs, I won't dismantle this charming hair pin.

Comments

1. Efesgirl Efesgirl, 1 year ago
    That's fantastic, Pascale!
  2. kyratango kyratango, 1 year ago
    Yep Bonnie, unusual and very good condition :-)
    Thank you for your prompt and lovely comment!
  3. TassieDevil TassieDevil, 1 year ago
    Not something I have seen before Pascale but very nice and almost makes me wish I had long hair still :-)
  4. KarenLR71, 1 year ago
    Simply lovely pin! I've always wondered why we don't see more 'hair' items. This one is particularly nice!
  5. nutsabotas6 nutsabotas6, 1 year ago
    It's so very pretty !! Definitely not for parts. Love pearls and this piece ! :)
  6. kyratango kyratango, 1 year ago
    Judy, thanks! Antique hair ornaments, pins or combs, even tiaras, were one of my collecting interests when I had long hair (I sold most of them years ago...) ;-))
    Can't help to buy those I encounter when they are bargains!

KarenLR71, thank you for your kind comment! Yep, it's a shame these charming accessories are now only worn by brides... here in France all teen girls have untied long hair, they should give their uniform look a twist by using hair ornaments ;-))

Ken, thank you for your appreciation! I love old pearls too!

Gary! As you can see, I wasn't keen on princess costume as young girls are now (pink Barbie effect?)! This was as Obelix costume from the comics characters Asterix and Obelix.
    I still laugh at my horned helmet and mustache in a whole mess... I well remember how fun was this birthday party :-)))
    Thanks my friend for your educative comment on French language history, I certainly won't delete it!

Love back to all of you, 19 lovers!
  7. antiquerose antiquerose, 1 year ago
    OMG....Stunning !!!!
  8. kyratango kyratango, 1 year ago
    Rose, many thanks for your lovely visit and wow comment!

Love back to you all 23 lovers :-D
  9. vintagelamp vintagelamp, 1 year ago
    You have a great eye! Love it!
  10. lentilka11, 1 year ago
    So beautiful, I would love to wear it - except I would look weird while doing so!! :D
    But it is beautiful!!
  11. kyratango kyratango, 1 year ago
    Vintagelamp, thanks for the compliment and love!

Lentilka, no! Not weird... Special! ;-) Thank you for all your loves :-D
  12. kyratango kyratango, 1 year ago
    Sean! Wandlessfairy! Thank you for loving :-)