TUCKS PC,BIG BUG GREETING! UGGH! This is odd alright! But Great Art,

In Postcards > Birthday Postcards > Show & Tell.
Birthday Postcards1 of 3Unbelievably Old Birthday Cards!A Garden of Love

freiheitfreiheit loves this.
racer4fourracer4four loves this.
SpiritBearSpiritBear loves this.
auraaura loves this.
LizzybordenLizzyborden loves this.
JImamJImam loves this.
KarenokeKarenoke loves this.
kyratangokyratango loves this.
antiqueroseantiquerose loves this.
TassieDevilTassieDevil loves this.
PhilDMorrisPhilDMorris loves this.

Posted 1 month ago

PostCardCo…

Strange Birthday Card, Tucks, Printed in Saxony, no c.date., sometime probably in the early days on the 20th,Century. The art is really nice, but I am puzzled by the fantasy subject. A cute little laddy in his sailor suit climbs the stem of a lily-of-the-valley flower sprig, going after a huge --Beetle? The little boy is so happy with his find, but not so sure the bug is!
I added some photo editing ''cause it is early in a hazy morn and my lighting faded out the photograph. That made the look of this card, more soiled than it is, In hand it looks good!
Front reads: "To Wish You All The Best That Life Can Give Of Happiness And Sweetness".

Comments

1. PostCardCollector PostCardCollector, 1 month ago
    Really odd subject for a Birthday card.almost as nutty as Berl Ives sheet music "Ugly Bug Ball" remember that? Funny thing is I laid the card next to me when I got it on here, and went on doing something else on the computer--then I happened to glance to the right and slapped really hard at the "BUG" with a small shreak. My eyes fooled me!! I wanted to remember to tell you.
  2. SpiritBear SpiritBear, 1 month ago
    Be happy they didn't glue on a real bug!
  3. PostCardCollector PostCardCollector, 1 month ago
    E-Gads! I AM happy about that. What a thought! The bug does really look authentic... Nice unsigned art on this card. Thanks for the comment. Lois
  4. PostCardCollector PostCardCollector, 1 month ago
    High 5s for these!! Thanks for looking!
    SpirtBear
    Lizzyborden
    JImam.
    Karenoke.
    kyratango
    aura
    antiquerose
    TassieDevil
    vetraio50
    Manikin
    PhilDMorris
  5. PostCardCollector PostCardCollector, 1 month ago
    Thanks to racer4four for dropping by to look at that "big bug" Zowie!
  6. kyratango kyratango, 1 month ago
    The buuug!!! I laughed when you said trying to slap it!!!
  7. PostCardCollector PostCardCollector, 1 month ago
    I did a have an antique Christnas Card with this same bug on it! It was harnessed and pulling a cart with kids in it--they were beautifully dressed. It must be some kind of a "lucky" bug. In Egytptian lore, I know it must have held an honored place because it is seen so much. The only beetle I kind of like is the "June Bug: with his irridescent colors --so beautiful! Do you know of any superstitions about the bug on the postcard?