Union Pacific Big Boy 4012

In Railroadiana > Railroad Photos > Show & Tell.
Railroad Photos35 of 78Spokane, Washington Train StationsVintage Railroad Engines

DeanteaksDeanteaks loves this.
walksoftlywalksoftly loves this.
mrmajestic1mrmajestic1 loves this.
blunderbuss2blunderbuss2 loves this.
musikchoomusikchoo loves this.
beachbombbeachbomb loves this.

Ted_Straub

Two different shots of the 4012 taken at Steamtown, Scranton, PA in December, 2012.

There are only a few of these massive engines still with us, and this one rests at Scranton, PA. I recall that the others are all Out West.

Comments

1. musikchoo musikchoo, 2 years ago
    Some Friends saw this locomotive on their Vacation and brought me some photos with his wife standing next to the wheels. I will try to find them and post so everyone can see the enormity of this Locomotive. I Love these Photos that You posted !!
  2. Ted_Straub Ted_Straub, 2 years ago
    Thank you musikchoo, beachbomb and mustangtony for your loves on these photos.
  3. Ted_Straub Ted_Straub, 2 years ago
    Yes, musikchoo, we will all await your pictures with people in them to give an idea of the size of the wheels. I'm not sure, but I think that they are 70 inches in diameter!

Thank you for kind and thoughtful comment, and for your love of these pictures!!!!
  4. musikchoo musikchoo, 2 years ago
    You are Welcome my Friend !!
  5. Ted_Straub Ted_Straub, 2 years ago
    Yes, Bellin68...I love trains, old and new, too! That Steamtown is quite a place as they have shops for maintaining and restoring steam engines there, of which the public can view. It is a great place for rail fans to visit.

And as an added bonus, active rail lines (Canadian Pacific & Norfolk Southern run through the park. And within walking distance is The Lackawanna Scranton Station, which has been converted into a fine hotel, which retains the basic design of this gem of a train station. <aybe I can get some pictures of that building at some future point.

Thanks for your interest and for your love of these items!!!!
  6. Ted_Straub Ted_Straub, 2 years ago
    Thank you walksoftly, mrmajestic1 and blunderbuss2 for your loves on these pictures!!!
  7. Ted_Straub Ted_Straub, 2 years ago
    Many thanks to Bellin68, walksoftly, mrmajestic1, and blunderbuss2 for your loves on thi photo...