Czech Art Deco Export Red Yellow Black Cased Spatter Glass Perfume Bottle / Vase

In Art Glass > Bohemian Art Glass > Show & Tell and Bottles > Perfume Bottles > Show & Tell.
Bohemian Art Glass1122 of 2633Kralik Shells etcKralik Floriform Iris bud Vase Ca. 1900 Czechoslovakia

AnneLandersAnneLanders loves this.
Moonstonelover21Moonstonelover21 loves this.
ThoscahabaThoscahaba loves this.
dasullywondasullywon loves this.
czechmanczechman loves this.

Posted 9 months ago

charcoal

This Czech Art Deco Era perfume bottle just arrived. Since there is no stopper it is a vase for now. It measures 5-7/8 inches tall with a 1-1/4 inch diameter cut rim. The rim edge is flat with a very small bevel at the exterior rim edge while the inner rim edge is left crisp with no bevel. The bottom measures 2 inches in diameter as does the widest area towards the top. It has no pontil and is slightly indented on the bottom from manufacture. Bottom has a gold colored Royal Art Glass sticker label. It was purchased in Brooklyn, New York

Made of double cased glass with glossy clear interior and exterior layers. Innermost color layer is red splotchy or streaked coloring. This layer has some orange coloring and a few transparent areas between the colored vertical stripes. Yellow and black lines, streaks, or peloton style threads decorate the vase further over the red coloring. There are also a few orange colored streaks and spots.

I'm convinced that this decor is Ruckl, but have seen it attributed to Kralik. Royal Art Glass Co. was an importer of wares with a factory located at 243 Canal Street, New York, NY, USA. They imported a variety of products from multiple manufacturers so unfortunately their label does not help with an id. 4th Picture above shows an original 1925 Invoice from the company. The red printing reads "Office and Sample Room, 5-9 W. Union Square, N.Y."

*Last vase above shows this shape in orange with a reddish brown colored streaked decor. Although the decor is similar to the red vase there are some differences to show variations in production. This example was added in case it helps anyone with an attribution. *

I would love hearing from anyone who has additional ideals on the manufacturer. Thank you!

Comments

1. Zowie Zowie, 9 months ago
    What great shape style & colours it would be a shame to through away because of a broken stopper.
  2. czechman czechman, 9 months ago
  3. charcoal charcoal, 9 months ago
    Thank you Zowie for the CW Love and nice comment. It may have been a vase too but we'll keep it either way.
  4. charcoal charcoal, 9 months ago
    Thank you Czechman for the CW Love and for adding that link. That decor looks the same to me.
  5. charcoal charcoal, 9 months ago
    Thank you vetraio50 for the CW Love!
  6. charcoal charcoal, 9 months ago
    Thank you dasullywon for the CW Love!
  7. SEAN68 SEAN68, 9 months ago
    stunning vase !!!!!
  8. charcoal charcoal, 9 months ago
    Thank you SEAN68 for the CW Love and nice comment!
  9. charcoal charcoal, 9 months ago
    Thank you Thoscahaba for the CW Love!
  10. SEAN68 SEAN68, 9 months ago
    Your very welcome Charles:)
  11. Zowie Zowie, 9 months ago
    I would to
  12. charcoal charcoal, 9 months ago
    Thank you Zowie!
  13. jericho jericho, 9 months ago
    that label is the Royal art glass label seen on many Welz pieces. I believe this piece could be Ruckl, Kralik or welz- to me that has not been proved... the decor I call "Cased Pelleton" (not to be confused with other pelleton types). it belongs in a catagory of confetti applications (broken rod chips sometimes also with glass chips too). look for my next post to have a few- feel free to disagree but that's my two cents...
  14. charcoal charcoal, 9 months ago
    Thank you Jericho!
  15. charcoal charcoal, 9 months ago
  16. charcoal charcoal, 9 months ago
    Thank you PhilDavidAlexanderMorris for the CW Love!
  17. charcoal charcoal, 7 months ago
    Thank you inky for the CW Love!
  18. charcoal charcoal, 7 months ago
    Thank you toracat for the CW Love!
  19. charcoal charcoal, 7 months ago
    Thank you Budek for the CW Love!
  20. charcoal charcoal, 7 months ago
    Thank you Manikin for the CW Love!
  21. charcoal charcoal, 5 months ago
    Thank you Agram.m for the CW Love!
  22. vetraio50 vetraio50, 5 months ago
    Any more info on that label, CHARCOAL?
  23. charcoal charcoal, 5 months ago
    Well, not really other than Royal Art Glass, 243 Canal Street, New York, NY, USA was an importer of lamps and novelties.
  24. charcoal charcoal, 2 months ago
    Thank you Zowie, Manikin, Vintagefran, Radegunder, and jack1989 for the CW Love!
  25. Welzebub Welzebub, 2 months ago
    Stay off of my posts charlie..... I will not play your stupid games any longer.
  26. charcoal charcoal, 2 months ago
    The 3rd vase in photo 2 of the following link has a decor that is found with a Royal Art Glass sticker label attributed to Kalik.

If the Kralik attribution of this decor is accurate it is a indication to me that Royal Art Glass imported some Kralik products.
  27. charcoal charcoal, 2 months ago
    Thank you Smiata for the CW Love!
  28. charcoal charcoal, 2 months ago
    This link is to a 1913 Royal Art Glass sales ad printed in the Lighting Journal Advertiser.

I've also added a 1925 Invoice from Royal Art Glass in the photos above.

Can anyone provide an address, invoice, or similar documentation for the Royal Art Glass, Czechoslovakian/German Manufacturer attributed in the Glasmarken Lexicon?
  29. charcoal charcoal, 2 months ago
    I must also add that to my knowledge this decor has never been attributed to Welz and therefore was not confirmed as Welz when found with a Royal Art Glass label.
  30. charcoal charcoal, 2 months ago
    Here's this decor on another "Kralik" shape.
  31. charcoal charcoal, 2 months ago
    Thank you kunstform for the CW Love!
  32. charcoal charcoal, 1 month ago
    Thank you LeahGoodwin and antiquerose for the CW Love!
  33. charcoal charcoal, 1 month ago
    My comment from yesterday was deleted without notice. It was addressing how I was quoted as stating that the decor above is found on shapes currently attributed to Kralik. Based upon comment 25 I'm unable to reply directly on a number of their CW postings that repeatedly quote my observations. I'm also unable to comment about it on my own posting where the observation originated. Where am I supposed to comment?

Kyle, There's a little more to this that you may not be aware of. This decor was removed from the deco shapes area of a particular website when I posted this bottle. I also noticed that although this decor was removed, related shapes in other decors remained as Kralik. I thought the decor was removed from the entire website until seeing the Kralik abstract flower posting where it surfaced once again as a Kralik decor.
  34. charcoal charcoal, 27 days ago
    Thank you Aimathena for the CW Love!
  35. charcoal charcoal, 2 days ago
    Thank you tom61375, AnneLanders, smiata, and SEAN68 for the CW Love!