Nagel Style Art

In Fine Art > Paintings > Show & Tell.
Paintings243 of 1664Girl Crying PortraitUnknown nude original painting

auraaura loves this.
melaniejmelaniej loves this.
antiqueroseantiquerose loves this.
IronLaceIronLace loves this.

Posted 1 year ago

dlpetersen

I picked up these three original paintings at a small thrift store, only one has a visible signature of Mayo as I have not yet taken any out of there frames to check the backs. They are clearly done in the Patrick Nagel style and thought to be late 70s or early 80s. I have not had the time to research the Mayo name but I love them none the less. Hope you enjoy seeing them.

Comments

1. IronLace IronLace, 1 year ago
      These are so cool! Very Nagel - esque. The 80s rock on!
    2. mp.kunst mp.kunst, 1 year ago
      Is it an original Patrick Nagel or is somebody trying to copy Patrick Nagel style. Even the signature have some similarity.

3. dlpetersen, 1 year ago
      Thank you for your comments, I'm sure they are original artwork but have not had the time to take frames apart to better inspect for other markings or signatures. When I do I will post results. I will also see if I can get a professional to take a look.
    4. shareurpassion shareurpassion, 1 year ago
      Yes, Nagel style...almost to the point of copy but they are still nice. Even used the same color schemes. Nagel passed in 84, so I imagine after that. Oh, and that could even say Mags but didn't check on line for either...
    5. dlpetersen, 1 year ago
      Thank you for your comments, I have loved his work since the 80s and have books on his works, these are not in any of them. The signature is Mayo and I could not find anything online.
    6. dlpetersen, 3 months ago
      Thank You Collectables59 and all who shared the love.
    7. dlpetersen, 3 months ago