Nagel Style Art

In Fine Art > Paintings > Show & Tell.
Paintings23 of 1470Girl Crying PortraitAbstract oil painting by Ronald MeVs

MacDaddyRicoMacDaddyRico loves this.
antiqueroseantiquerose loves this.
IronLaceIronLace loves this.
clockermanclockerman loves this.

Posted 1 month ago

dlpetersen

I picked up these three original paintings at a small thrift store, only one has a visible signature of Mayo as I have not yet taken any out of there frames to check the backs. They are clearly done in the Patrick Nagel style and thought to be late 70s or early 80s. I have not had the time to research the Mayo name but I love them none the less. Hope you enjoy seeing them.

Comments

1. IronLace IronLace, 1 month ago
    These are so cool! Very Nagel - esque. The 80s rock on!
  2. mp.kunst mp.kunst, 1 month ago
    Is it an original Patrick Nagel or is somebody trying to copy Patrick Nagel style. Even the signature have some similarity.

3. dlpetersen, 1 month ago
    Thank you for your comments, I'm sure they are original artwork but have not had the time to take frames apart to better inspect for other markings or signatures. When I do I will post results. I will also see if I can get a professional to take a look.
  4. shareurpassion shareurpassion, 1 month ago
    Yes, Nagel style...almost to the point of copy but they are still nice. Even used the same color schemes. Nagel passed in 84, so I imagine after that. Oh, and that could even say Mags but didn't check on line for either...
  5. dlpetersen, 1 month ago
    Thank you for your comments, I have loved his work since the 80s and have books on his works, these are not in any of them. The signature is Mayo and I could not find anything online.