KJL frog brooch

In Animals > Frogs > Show & Tell and Costume Jewelry > Kenneth Jay Lane Jewelry > Show & Tell.
Frogs3 of 164Frogs Playing Pool Anthropomorphic TaxidermyMISS FROG POTPOURRI POT

RichmondLoriRichmondLori loves this.
antiqueroseantiquerose loves this.
MALKEYMALKEY loves this.
racer4fourracer4four loves this.
kwqdkwqd loves this.

Posted 5 months ago

Newfld

This 2 1-4" frog brooch has a pebble textured goldtone body with round white rhinestones, two rows of smoke blue square princess cut stones & a pair of red eyes. Signed Kenneth Lane aka KJL (founded 1963), ca 1990s

logo
    Frogs
    Rare British Army 1908 pattern '08 Patt webbing Frog and Helve Carrier
    Rare British Army 1908 pattern '...
    $171
    German WW2 Folding shovel with frog
    German WW2 Folding shovel with frog...
    $221
    Original 1957 HOT ROD & Custom Catalog Ford Drag Racing scta Dirt Track Vintage
    Original 1957 HOT ROD & Custom Cata...
    $20
    Cast Iron Antique Style Nautical FROG Coat Hooks Hat Hook Rack Towel Sea TOAD
    Cast Iron Antique Style Nautical FR...
    $4
    logo
    Rare British Army 1908 pattern '08 Patt webbing Frog and Helve Carrier
    Rare British Army 1908 pattern '...
    $171

Comments

1. racer4four racer4four, 5 months ago
      Frogs are great creatures but unfortunately we don't see or hear so many around her now. It's the feral cats and foxes I think. Sad.
      This frog is not sad. This frog is wonderful!
    2. antiquerose antiquerose, 5 months ago
      This froggie is just RAD !!!!! BEAUTIFUL
    3. Mrstyndall Mrstyndall, 5 months ago
      Very nice piece, wonderful accent stones on back!
    4. LaurenRedmond LaurenRedmond, 5 months ago
      Very nice little frog! I ADORE them as creatures and yours is the cutest- the crouching pose is so cute too
    5. FromTheVanityVintage FromTheVanityVintage, 5 months ago
      Kenneth Jay Lane’s animal brooches are some of my personal favorites! I love the color combination of these stones. Exquisite!
    6. Newfld Newfld, 5 months ago
      Thanks so much everybody for the love
      Kevin
      dlpetersen
      Lauren
      Leah
      six-0-one
      FromTheVanityVintage
      Hoot

Thanks Karen for your great comment, it is a bit sad you don't see many frogs in Aus, but believe me we get more feral cats than frogs in my area as well - we live a few blocks from a park that has a feral cat colony & although I love animals, do not like them using the property as a litter box or bird hunting ground, so we bought a few solar ultrasound machines, they hate the noise & now thankfully stay away

Rose he is rather rad, thanks for the really nice compliment! I was very excited to find this rare KJL frog for my collection it's pretty cool

Many thanks MrsT for the lovely compliment and yes, those blue accent stones are a great unusual touch on the frog's back & really enhance the design I agree

Lauren thanks for the sweet compliments, his crouching pose is so realistic, I loved the second pic where he is staring at you but decided to put a full body shot in the thumbnail as it shows more. The real ones are fascinating to watch & usually lovely green colors

Thanks six-0-one for the wonderful compliments and totally agree, KJL made some stunning jewelry, I even like his early brutalist type (my Sagittarius) but then he seemed to just get better over time, love his stuff

Thank you FromTheVanity for the fab compliments it's so nice of you, yes the animals & figurals by KJL are my faves too, he was a creative genius. Although you see many of his most popular designs floating around, every once in awhile a rare lovely like this frog comes along, it was pure luck to find it
    7. Newfld Newfld, 5 months ago
      Maureen thank you so much for enjoying my KJL frog I'm so glad you liked him!
    8. Newfld Newfld, 5 months ago
      With sincere thanks Ted for the kind love and support, you are always so nice and I'm glad you liked this KJL frog
    9. Newfld Newfld, 5 months ago
      Sincere thanks for the love
      bobby
      foseatme
      magalival

Thank you so much foseatme for the always kind & thoughtful compliment, it is so nice of you & very glad you liked my sparkly frog :)
    10. Newfld Newfld, 8 days ago
      Many thanks Maureen for the love, this KJL frog has such a pretty design of the blue striped back, it is rare & was a lucky find for me
    11. RichmondLori RichmondLori, 8 days ago
      Oh Jenni what a great frog. I have a tree frog pendant that I should post, he has emerald eyes and diamonds toes. Anyway, I find that your post are enjoyable, precise and definitely researched - Lori
    12. Newfld Newfld, 8 days ago
      Thank you Lori for the love and super kind praise, I am so thrilled you enjoyed this KJL frog and love your new KJL lion post it's wonderful! Looking forward to seeing your lovely emerald eyed tree frog pendant it sounds fabulous. Thank you too for admiring my research, I always do plenty of background investigating both online and in my library of jewelry books so all my statements are as factual as possible, but I feel if people need extra info we are all tech savvy enough today to do google or wiki searches to get a bigger picture without overloading our post descriptions - this is just my personal opinion, all members here including yourself do an excellent job on your posts, our individuality is what makes us interesting don't you think :)