When I travel to Scotland in my mind

In Fine Jewelry > Show & Tell.
Fine Jewelry217 of 8219Old Rosary...I’m Guessing Here, Could Use Input PleaseFor Blunderbus

jbingham95jbingham95 loves this.
fortapachefortapache loves this.
auraaura loves this.
MALKEYMALKEY loves this.
NewfldNewfld loves this.

Posted 6 months ago

Elisabethan

Hello CW friends! One does not want to travel these days. Recently I realized I really long to go back to England and Scotland again. Until I dare to do so I try to travel in my mind. Today by displaying my antique scottish jewelry on a tartan kilt. The clove brooch could also be Irish. The blue enamel silver brooch and the malacite silver bracelet are antique scottish jewelry. I have red that due to demand of scottish pebble jewelry they also used imported malacite in some pieces.

I bought The kilt secondhand. Pure 100 % wool fabric for about 10 euros. My vikinglooking husband would look dashing in it could I only get him to wear it. But I bought it to make it into two dashing pillows. That is probably what will happen.

Happy autumn!

logo
    Fine Jewelry
    Sterling Silver MEMORY TUBE Charm for Bracelet PENDANT Mint Condition VINTAGE
    Sterling Silver MEMORY TUBE Charm f...
    $30
    Antique Art Deco Emerald 3.33Carat Round Diamond Engagement Ring 14K White Gold
    Antique Art Deco Emerald 3.33Carat ...
    $288
    A Brilliant Rare 9ct Gold Antique Victorian Side Opening Locket Pendant #32791
    A Brilliant Rare 9ct Gold Antique V...
    $51
    Vintage STERLING SILVER Enamel BLACK CAT Charm for Bracelet PENDANT Witch CUTE!
    Vintage STERLING SILVER Enamel BLAC...
    $28
    logo
    Sterling Silver MEMORY TUBE Charm for Bracelet PENDANT Mint Condition VINTAGE
    Sterling Silver MEMORY TUBE Charm f...
    $30

Comments

1. Newfld Newfld, 6 months ago
      Beautiful Scottish pieces & so nice to have fond memories of visiting there
    2. racer4four racer4four, 6 months ago
      Such a lovely post Elisabethan.
      That green bracelet is so unusual, I love it!
    3. Elisabethan Elisabethan, 6 months ago
      Thanks Newfld and race4four. Yes the bracelet is quite unique. I use it at special occasions. The blue enamel brooch I use more often, with a scarf.

Thanks also to all of you who love this post.
    4. valentino97 valentino97, 6 months ago
      A wonderful collection!
    5. Elisabethan Elisabethan, 6 months ago
      Thank you Val!
    6. Collectables59 Collectables59, 5 months ago
      You have inspired me to carry on collecting kilt pins. I've posted one already but many more to come. Thanks Elizabethan. Neil
    7. Elisabethan Elisabethan, 5 months ago
      That is music to my ears Neil! I will look in on your post ofcourse:) Thanks for letting me know.
    8. kwqd kwqd, 5 months ago
      I love Scotland and have a lot of Scot ancestry; Campbell, Scott, Calbraith, Bell, McComas, Henderson, Gibson and more. I have some brooches and kilt pins I bought in Scotland but no idea where they are. Your post makes me want to find them!
    9. Elisabethan Elisabethan, 5 months ago
      Kwqd I hope you find them and post them. I am happy if I can inspire. I love Skottland too. The landscape reminds me about my home here in the north, and there is something about it and the people there that makes me feel at home. I don't think I have c relatives there if there hasn't been a viking in my ancestry who went there ages ago. There are some words they use there that l understand like the word barn (child) that is exactly the same in swedish.
    10. strangemodegirl strangemodegirl, 5 months ago
      Love this! Now between you and Collectibles59 I’m feeling kinda motivated to post my Scots and Irish jewelry. ????
    11. Elisabethan Elisabethan, 5 months ago
      Yes you should! I am always interested in seeing jewelry.
    12. Elisabethan Elisabethan, 5 months ago
      And Strangemodegirl thank you !