Beautiful Iridescent Czech Glass Jug with Hand Painted Cherries

In Art Glass > Bohemian Art Glass > Show & Tell and Glassware > Carnival Glass > Show & Tell.
Bohemian Art Glass2044 of 2642Josephinenhütte small covered box w/silver overlay - Alexander Pfohl design, ca. 1927CZECH GLASS TRADE: BYPASSING THE OCTOPUS.

lisalisa loves this.
Bruce99Bruce99 loves this.
scottvezscottvez loves this.
czechmanczechman loves this.
Woman34Woman34 loves this.
inkyinky loves this.

Shawnl86

I purchased this piece about a month ago, I'm not 100% sure about its origin, I do know that it has a rough unpolished pontil, and I'm going to assume Hand Painted Cherries and that this is a older piece.
This is a very interesting Jug! For one the Mouth or Lip is extended Very Far, and the Handle doesn't look like the typical design or color I have seen on other European pieces, Regardless this is a Beautiful little Jug and I am very happy to own it!
Thanks for looking and any information is appreciated!
Best Regards
Shawnl86

Comments

1. Greatsnowyowl Greatsnowyowl, 2 years ago
    can we see the base?
  2. Shawnl86 Shawnl86, 2 years ago
    Ya, ill have to take a picture when im at home and upload it.
  3. Shawnl86 Shawnl86, 2 years ago
    Thanks Amber!
  4. inky inky, 2 years ago
    This is very beautiful I love it, but! I'm afraid I can't help you as you have me, and thank you for that!
  5. stefdesign stefdesign, 2 years ago
    This has to be one of the prettiest pieces I've ever seen. Exquisite!
  6. Shawnl86 Shawnl86, 2 years ago
    Thanks Inky and Stefdesign and everyone for their feedback! I agree this is a really Stunning Piece! and if anyone has any information I would still appreciate it!
  7. Shawnl86 Shawnl86, 2 years ago
    Thanks Vaselinealley!
  8. Shawnl86 Shawnl86, 2 years ago
    Thanks Ozmarty! :)
  9. Shawnl86 Shawnl86, 2 years ago
    Thanks Amber and Kathy!
  10. chinablue chinablue, 1 year ago
    I LOVE the form of this! The spout made me think ewer, so I did a little looking around and found a couple of similar forms, but none with this design. Schneider seems to have a form much like yours, especially the way the neck looks in your second picture and the way there is a bit of a 'shoulder' near the base. You might like to have a look at some by Schneider. There are two on Rubylane (cited for information purposes only) here, one in the first row and one in the sixth row:
    I also found a write up in a book via google that I hope you can see by checking this link:
    Thanks for sharing this beauty! :-)
  11. Shawnl86 Shawnl86, 1 year ago
    Thank you very much Chinablue, I agree I do see the similarity between the spouts, which I would have to say are very unique I've never really seen another similar one before, Holy cow those pieces are expensive though! and it really is sad that the factory was destroyed and when they reopened the new one it only focused on clear glass, the colors are Beautiful on their pre World War 2 pieces! Thank you very much for the information, I am always happy to learn more about glass! and this is one of the few pieces which I plan to Never let go of! :)
  12. chinablue chinablue, 1 year ago
    You are quite welcome, Shawnl86! As I said in my original post, the form of yours is SO pleasing, I'd love to know the origin of it so I'll keep an eye on this item. And yes, I saw those prices! One question I had about yours was about the handle and around the spout. Is it painted or is it metal clad? I'm guessing painted, but it's not easy to tell in the photo. I believe I'd hold onto it too! :-)
  13. Shawnl86 Shawnl86, 1 year ago
    I thought so as well! I actually was able to purchase this one for $45.00 as the person selling it thought the Rough Pontil was actually damage instead of being part of the manufacturing process, must of have only dealt with glass with polished pontils! Paint it almost does look like a type of metal but I believe that was the point! and Honestly I would be very happy if this particular piece was worth $500 - $1000 but honestly It wouldn't matter to me as I love it to much to think about selling anyway!
  14. Shawnl86 Shawnl86, 1 year ago
    Thanks Ho2cultcha and nsvmom!
  15. Vintagefran Vintagefran, 6 months ago
    Wow. Stunning
  16. Shawnl86 Shawnl86, 5 months ago
    Thanks Vintagefran, I apperciate the wonderful compliment! and Thanks Everyone for the feedback! :)
  17. Shawnl86 Shawnl86, 2 months ago
    Thanks Everyone for the support though the years, it inspires me to keep posting! :)