More Manx bits

In Medals Pins and Badges > Car Badges > Show & Tell.
Car Badges16 of 78Very rare Automobile Association of Bengal members badge stamped 1884  (18 of 84)AMF Dodge Demon Resto/mod

LazyBoyLazyBoy loves this.
fortapachefortapache loves this.
EfesgirlEfesgirl loves this.
vintagelampvintagelamp loves this.
PhilDMorrisPhilDMorris loves this.
Peasejean55Peasejean55 loves this.

racer4four

I have just posted a little Manx brooch I own and thought I would also show you this Isle of Man car plaque.

I don't think the plaque has much age but it makes my boys happy.

The treskillion and the motto have both been in use by the Isle of Man since around 1300. The Manx parliament, Tynwald, has been in existence for over 1000 years, the oldest parliament in continual use.

logo
    Car Badges
    Pierce Arrow Hood Ornament Radiator Emblem Badge
    Pierce Arrow Hood Ornament Radiator...
    $51
    Jones Radiator Emblem Badge - Very Rare
    Jones Radiator Emblem Badge - Very ...
    $376
    VINTAGE 1950s HOME GUARD CAR BUMPER BADGE -WW2 CIVIL DEFENCE BRITISH ARMY EMBLEM
    VINTAGE 1950s HOME GUARD CAR BUMPER...
    $39
    Armstrong-Siddeley Sphinx car mascot. Motor mascot. Bonnet ornament. Car badge.
    Armstrong-Siddeley Sphinx car masco...
    $28
    logo
    Pierce Arrow Hood Ornament Radiator Emblem Badge
    Pierce Arrow Hood Ornament Radiator...
    $51

Comments

1. Peasejean55 Peasejean55, 4 years ago
      I love the Isle of Man, I went there several years ago to watch the T T moter bike racing.
    2. racer4four racer4four, 4 years ago
      It's a special place I agree Jean. With the family history and our biking background we have been a number of times. We always love it!
    3. bijoucaillouvintage bijoucaillouvintage, 4 years ago
      Such a cool emblem and motto! Thank you for posting those!
    4. racer4four racer4four, 4 years ago
      Thanks BJ!
    5. beyemvey beyemvey, 4 years ago
      Cool... with Medusa head, also a symbol of Sicily... http://www.worldatlas.com/webimage/countrys/europe/sicily/sicilypics/flagpics/sicilianflag.png
    6. racer4four racer4four, 4 years ago
      I never knew that Bill. It's It's a very old symbol.
    7. shareurpassion shareurpassion, 4 years ago
      I don't recall ever hearing that and I'm so glad I got to see this...I LOVE that motto!!! It's perfect and so true. I'll 'stand' by that ;)
    8. antiquerose antiquerose, 4 years ago
      neat motto { " It shows the treskillion or Celtic three legs, and the Manx motto "Quocunque Jeceris Stabit", which translates to "whichever way you throw me I will stand". }

Kinda like saying: " weebles wobble but they don't fall down " LOL

9. racer4four racer4four, 4 years ago
      Yep Sue- standing on my head right now.
    10. racer4four racer4four, 4 years ago
      Weebles wobble - lol.
      Thanks Rose.
    11. couldbe couldbe, 5 months ago
      I wanted to go to Isle of Man this spring as part of my bucket list ...lol I seen every motorcycle race they have put out on video ..thought it would of been great to go and take some shorts of my own .....read every thing I need to get there and any thing I needed while there..but they canceled due to C 19 this year..... dang !%$#*&^$%# C 19 ..nice post....
    12. racer4four racer4four, 5 months ago
      I am fortunate to have a Manx connection in my family so have been a few times. Never to the TT but have been for the Manx GP which was pretty cool. Lots of older bikes racing, well you know, my era 1970s t0 2000s, and very fast amateurs on current bikes. It's astonishing to watch and the island is a delight.
      I'm like you Couldbe, waiting to go again!
    13. couldbe couldbe, 5 months ago
      Very cool racer4four, I'll most likely be dead before the next one ...lol o well..I'll have to improvise...smiling,.. nice post
    14. LazyBoy LazyBoy, 2 months ago
      https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B_thy20mPVc '-(((
    15. racer4four racer4four, 2 months ago
      Sad, LazyBoy, sad.
    16. LazyBoy LazyBoy, 2 months ago
      This year is the last chance for me to go see and photograph ..oh well..I'll just have to impervious...'-)) like baja Mexico races..haven't seen them in years later