Share your favorites on Show & Tell

Kralik Art-Deco vase

In Art Glass > Bohemian Art Glass > Show & Tell and Art Deco > Show & Tell.
Bohemian Art Glass554 of 5489Made in Czechoslovokia glass Kralik Drape - Pulled decor on the fringe
Love it
Like it

TreyTrey loves this.
VintagefranVintagefran loves this.
Alan2310Alan2310 loves this.
korolkorol loves this.
IanBrightonIanBrighton loves this.
welzebubwelzebub loves this.
kralik1928kralik1928 loves this.
blunderbuss2blunderbuss2 loves this.
racer4fourracer4four loves this.
vetraio50vetraio50 loves this.
fortapachefortapache loves this.
auraaura loves this.
philmac51philmac51 loves this.
EZaEZa loves this.
LovelyPatLovelyPat loves this.
mikelv85mikelv85 loves this.
IronLaceIronLace loves this.
artfootartfoot loves this.
sklo42sklo42 loves this.
See 17 more
Add to collection

    Please create an account, or Log in here

    If you don't have an account, create one here.

    Create a Show & TellReport as inappropriate

    Posted 1 year ago

    (136 items)

    Why do I think it's Kralik?The shape is in the art deco shapes catalogue
    on Kralik - and the colours arrangement - plain top and spatter bottom- is Kraliky to me,however I haven't seen exactly that combination.
    I like particularly the symetric shape that brings to my mind a spool or an insulator.
    The vase is 17 cm high.


    1. sklo42 sklo42, 1 year ago
      Ooooh, lovely Ivonne, particularly the shape!
    2. racer4four racer4four, 1 year ago
      Great art deco shape Ivonne!
    3. kralik1928 kralik1928, 1 year ago
      I have seen a few Kralik decors besides this one. Iris, confetti, confetti with pulled rods, bambus in Iris finish and a cracked and overshot in Iris finish
    4. Ivonne Ivonne, 1 year ago
      Thank you,kralik1928,for the information,I'll be looking for the decors you mentioned to learn more about Kralik decors.How can we name the decor of posted vase?
    5. Ivonne Ivonne, 1 year ago
      Thank everyone for the loves :)
    6. IanBrighton IanBrighton, 1 year ago
      I like "bottom-up spatter" but that's just me. Other people prefer "confetti".
    7. Ivonne Ivonne, 1 year ago
      Thanks, Ian, for the comment.I agree - the botom-up,I think,is an attempt of search of new means of expression.
    8. kralik1928 kralik1928, 1 year ago
      Ivonne, I like to keep it loose with this type of decor because it is called different things in different collectors in different countries. I don't like spatter because it gets confused with more Victorian glass, (don't like bohemian either)

      this is a tango piece because style (bright) and the base color is solid (tango) with ground glass applications (spatter, confetti, mottled glass).

      I like to call this Tango with Confetti by the way there is no evidence the called the glass confetti but there is no evidence of it called spatter either...
    9. Alan2310 Alan2310, 1 year ago
      How I miss this Beauty, lovely colour and shape.
    10. Ivonne Ivonne, 1 year ago
      Thank you,kralik1928,for your detailed answer:).I also thought it can be tango but I'm usually unsure when it comes to any classification.
    11. Ivonne Ivonne, 1 year ago
      Thank you,Alan,for your kind words.It's a Beaut!:)

    Want to post a comment?

    Create an account or login in order to post a comment.