Allemande stuff for BlackWatch

In Military and Wartime > Military Helmets > Show & Tell and Military and Wartime > World War Two > Show & Tell.
Military Helmets3 of 637A former Yugosalavian Steel military helmet with the copied M1 Internal Riddle suspension systemWWI Gordon Highlanders Helmet

Roycroftbooksfromme1Roycroftbooksfromme1 loves this.
fortapachefortapache loves this.
VioletOrangeVioletOrange loves this.
NewfldNewfld loves this.
PhilDMorrisPhilDMorris loves this.

Posted 21 days ago

blunderbuss2

I put a couple of the Luftwaffe tech. patches on my 1950's French bread bag that I sling on when I ride my bike to pick up small stuff.

Comments

1. PhilDMorris PhilDMorris, 21 days ago
    They look great !!~
  2. Newfld Newfld, 21 days ago
    Great WW2 posts, love the history
  3. fortapache fortapache, 21 days ago
    Nice helmet.
  4. BlackWatch BlackWatch, 20 days ago
    Beautiful items, blunder. Helmet is police, but period original? The helmet is very nice.
  5. blunderbuss2 blunderbuss2, 20 days ago
    BW, there are no markings inside the shell. I don't see much research on ID'ing police helmets. I picked it up for passenger use on my bike. Jacky is a Berliner & didn't like it. I also wanted to taunt the Fr. Gendarmes, but they never seemed to notice. Guess that got use to seeing German helmets on Fr. soil. LOL
  6. BlackWatch BlackWatch, 19 days ago
    After doing a quick search, your helmet appears to be a M34 Single Decal Civic Police Helmet. I'm no expert ant don't know if it's original or not, nor am I qualified to say so, but it looks pretty good to me, worn but in good condition, etc. Any evidence of there being a swastika decal on the other side? Some of these were/are double decal.

You seem like a very funny person, blunder. It's one thing to get one of these, it's another to wear it around the town while bike riding in a French territory!!! And your joke about German helmets on French soil it too funny, LOL! Maybe they don't want to confront you about it because they know they'll end up surrendering anyway, ha ha!

Very nice helmet and insignia, Blunder, thank you very much for sharing.
  7. blunderbuss2 blunderbuss2, 17 days ago
    BW, I can understand how the Germans took France so easily during the war. I just don't understand why the Germans wanted to stay so long ? No decal or evidence of there ever being a decal on the other side. Don't know about the police, but combat helmets were ordered to have the nat'l colours removed in 1940 because it was too easy the spot, thought it was ignored by many. Of course the police fell under Himmler & were another arm of the SS. I'm in hospital for a few days & it isn't easy to type lying down with pc on a tray holder. Maybe they'll add a few more yrs. to my shelf-life. LOL ! No, it's not VD for those thinking that ! LOL !!
  8. Rick55 Rick55, 16 days ago