Caviness sterling leaves set

In Fine Jewelry > Sterling Silver Jewelry > Show & Tell.
Sterling Silver Jewelry15 of 822Celestial Moon & Star Sterling Necklace Belgian Flea Market Find 1 EURO/$1.17Silver Necklace and bracelet

valentino97valentino97 loves this.
Hel1Hel1 loves this.
truthordaretruthordare loves this.
BrunswickBrunswick loves this.
clockermanclockerman loves this.

Posted 3 months ago

Newfld

This set of a 2 1-2" brooch and 1" clip earrings was made by Alice Caviness from pre WW2 German sterling silver. The pastel colored leaves still retain their bright colors, & the design has intricate marcasite detailing. Brooch marked sterling, Germany, Alice Caviness, ear clips marked Caviness & sterling in faded print

Comments

1. clockerman clockerman, 3 months ago
      Gorgeous. Very beautiful vintage perfection. Love it
    2. Newfld Newfld, 3 months ago
      Thanks clockerman for the very kind compliments, I'm glad you liked this set
    3. Ms.CrystalShip Ms.CrystalShip, 3 months ago
      I had to think for a moment and I still cannot come up with the right word to describe this set.
      Maybe it's going to take more than one word...
      Magnificent, Stunning, Perfection, Antique, Pristine, Historical...
      I could go on.
      This is beyond compare, my friend.
      I LOVE IT!!!!
    4. nutsabotas6 nutsabotas6, 3 months ago
      I love the enamel on this set!! It's so eye catching and beautiful! :)
    5. Caperkid Caperkid, 3 months ago
      Beautiful set Jenni. Great pictures too.
    6. worthit2, 3 months ago
      Wow! I love the enamel colors on these sterling leaves! Very pretty
    7. Newfld Newfld, 3 months ago
      Aw Eileen, really grateful for the terrific praise, this is one set I'm pretty proud of cause I got it at a super low price - Caviness sterling pieces are SO expensive I usually shy away, but once in awhile you come across something fine that you just know they under-valued it. I am so blessed to know fellow collectors like you who appreciate this set's special beauty, many thanks as always

Ken, it was absolutely the enameling on the leaves that I instantly loved, can you believe the colors are so well preserved, thanks for noticing and great compliment

Roy thanks a mil for the praise for the set and my photos, can't thank you enough I really try to get interesting picture angles, it's hard with the earrings which never lay flat enough, but I'm trying

Very kind comment worthit2, I'm so happy you enjoyed this

All the luv is most appreciated
      clockerman
      Thomas
      truthordare
      Hel1
      Ken
      Roy
      fort
      Phil
    8. Newfld Newfld, 3 months ago
      Appreciate the love aura, many thanks
    9. TassieDevil TassieDevil, 3 months ago
      This set is a pleasure to see Jenni, I love it very much!:-) )
    10. Newfld Newfld, 3 months ago
      Thanks Judy, I hoped you would enjoy this silver set as you have so many silver beauties in your collection, really grateful for the kind words and love
    11. Newfld Newfld, 3 months ago
      Thank you vet, you're always so thoughtful and I always greatly appreciate the love
    12. Mrstyndall Mrstyndall, 3 months ago
      Lovely set!
    13. Newfld Newfld, 3 months ago
      Thanks MrsT for the very kind comment and the love

You're so kind buckethead, always appreciate the love & support
    14. Newfld Newfld, 3 months ago
      Very kind of you Ted, thanks so much for the luv & support
    15. Newfld Newfld, 3 months ago
      I really appreciate the kind love & support Mary, and very pleased you liked this Caviness set