Exciting Pictures of My Kitchen Filled with Vintage Stuff

In Kitchen > Show & Tell.
Kitchen244 of 7014Waffle maker, antique cast iron, Fleur-de-lis and cross pattern.National Waffle Day is tomorrow- August 24!  Celebrate!!Orbon Stove & Range Co

MeliGeeMeliGee loves this.
fattytailfattytail loves this.
NewfldNewfld loves this.
WatchsearcherWatchsearcher loves this.
Collectables59Collectables59 loves this.

Posted 8 months ago

fortapache

Stuff being the technical term. See how many vintage items you can see. Hopefully I will not be on Hoarders.
    Now let's see what is in each photo.
    Photo #1, well there is a bread box and a bunch of stuff..
    Photo #2 is the sink, windows with insulators, colanders, a gnome, mixer and more stuff.
    Photo #3 is the stove and various things I use and some I don't use.
    Photo #4 is graniteware hanging from the ceiling and more stuff.

logo
    Kitchen
    Evelyne Wood Vintage Antique Coffee Bean Grinder Mill Windmill Hand Crank Manual
    Evelyne Wood Vintage Antique Coffee...
    $737
    Evelyne Wood Vintage Antique Coffee Bean Mill Windmill Hand Crank Manual Grinder
    Evelyne Wood Vintage Antique Coffee...
    $16
    Replacement Cup For All Vintage Hamilton Beach  Malt Milkshake Mixers
    Replacement Cup For All Vintage Ham...
    $9
    Lg Antique GRISWOLD Cast Iron Easter Bunny Rabbit Cake Food Chocolate Mold 863
    Lg Antique GRISWOLD Cast Iron Easte...
    $45
    logo
    Evelyne Wood Vintage Antique Coffee...
    $737

Comments

1. Collectables59 Collectables59, 8 months ago
      Lots of interesting 'stuff'
    2. Watchsearcher Watchsearcher, 8 months ago
      Is that a blue glass rolling pin hanging on the wall?! I’ve never seen one before!

Love all the blue glass and colorful metal ware.

I see the base for your cast iron waffle maker hanging there handy!
    3. fortapache fortapache, 8 months ago
      Thank you very much Collectables59.

Thank you very much Watchsearcher. It is indeed a blue glass rolling pin. It is supposed to be filled with water for use. The rest of the waffle maker is on the wall behind it.
    4. jscott0363 jscott0363, 8 months ago
      Wow, you certainly do have a lot of interesting vintage items in your kitchen. What a great collection!!
    5. Toyrebel Toyrebel, 8 months ago
      I absolutely love it! The graniteware is something that really appeals to me, reminds me of my grandmother.
    6. keramikos keramikos, 8 months ago
      fortapache, Cool. I like the wrought-iron-looking cabinet hardware. That was my own parents' choice when they remodeled the family kitchen. :-)

I too like to be precise, and stuff is one of my favorite technical terms. };-)

My mother had one of those glass rolling pins, although hers was clear glass. Here is some history:

7. Watchsearcher Watchsearcher, 8 months ago
      Very interesting history of rolling pins, Keramikos!
      I would love to come across one of those fancy glare ones someday!
    8. fortapache fortapache, 8 months ago
      Thank you very much Scott. I think I have my fair share.

Thank you very much Toyrebel. I own the graniteware category here.

Thank you very much keramikos. Mine is a bit later than the ones in your article I think. A Vaseline glass one would be nice.
    9. fortapache fortapache, 8 months ago
      TheGateKeeper
      Vynil33rpm
      keramikos
    10. fortapache fortapache, 8 months ago
      Thank you fleafinder.
    11. fleafinder fleafinder, 8 months ago
      Just curious whats that chicken looking thing below the white fire extinguisher in the first pic?
    12. keramikos keramikos, 8 months ago
      fortapache, You're welcome.

I don't even know the vintage of my mother's glass rolling pin; it was one of those "always there" things, so it was probably 1950s or older vintage.

Vaseline glass, huh? Looks like you missed out on these ones, but who knows? Another may come along:

*snip*

Vintage Art Deco Uranium Depression Green Glass Rolling Pin 1930

Status: Completed 2011-12-17 10:29:36

*snip*

*snip*

Vintage Hand Blown Large 15" Vaseline Uranium Glass Rolling Pin Black Light
      Sold - Jun 7, 2017, 9:08 PM

*snip*

13. keramikos keramikos, 8 months ago
      fleafinder, It looks like it could be a match safe.
    14. Roycroftbooksfromme1, 8 months ago
      Niceeeeeeee.....
    15. fortapache fortapache, 8 months ago
      @fleafinder it has its own post.....

@keramikos my rolling pin has a post too.....

The Vaseline glass one would be quite a score I wonder if it is yellow in normal light.
    16. fortapache fortapache, 8 months ago
      Thank you very much Roycroftetc.
    17. fortapache fortapache, 8 months ago
      fleafinder
      AnythingObscure
      Ben
      Manikan
      Roycroftbooksfromme1
    18. racer4four racer4four, 8 months ago
      Lots of stuff. All vintage stuff. And cool stuff.
      And exciting stuff!
    19. fortapache fortapache, 7 months ago
      Thank you very much racer4four. There is even more stuff I can rotate the displays.
    20. antiquerose antiquerose, 7 months ago
      Now that is a collection. Would love to be sitting there with a cup of coffee looking at everything. Now for my questions (1) Are those eggs in the basket on the ceiling empty, blown out ? LOL ....and question (2) WHO dusts everything....LOL
    21. fortapache fortapache, 7 months ago
      Thank you very much Rose. The eggs are wood. I usually wash things off. It is very dusty up here and dusting is not a high priority.
    22. fortapache fortapache, 7 months ago
      Brunswick
      officialfuel
      racer4four
      blunderbus2
      antiquerose
      EJW-54
      iggy
    23. MeliGee MeliGee, 7 months ago
      The cobalt blue items.. LOVE! Very nice collection. My husband woul be in hog heaven in your kitchen.
    24. fortapache fortapache, 7 months ago
      Thank you very much MeliGee. cobalt blue is a great color.