Vintage Bowling Shirt

In Mens Clothing > 1970s Mens Clothing > Show & Tell and Sporting Goods > Bowling > Show & Tell.
1970s Mens Clothing1 of 16Possibly Original 1970's I LOVE NY T-shirt Ringer-style anyone have any info on this dude1776 to 1976 USA tie

MALKEYMALKEY loves this.
inkyinky loves this.
NewfldNewfld loves this.
AnythingObscureAnythingObscure loves this.
fortapachefortapache loves this.

Posted 3 months ago

billretire…

This is me with a 1968-70's Hippie Bowler look for my Wife's Class Reunion a few years ago, for my # 1 Mary(Valentino97) who said that She would post a Bowling Shirt that Her Father wore. Just to give Her a nudge, to post! :^D
    Thanks for looking! Stay Safe, and Wear a Mask! :^)

logo
    1970s Mens Clothing
    THE GRATEFUL DEAD Bertha Mid-70s Original Vintage T-Shirt Official Deadhead
    THE GRATEFUL DEAD Bertha Mid-70s Or...
    $96
    VTG 1970s LEVI'S 505 Single Stitch Serge Selvedge Denim Blue Jeans 34x33 (32x31)
    VTG 1970s LEVI'S 505 Single Sti...
    $121
    Vintage Fleetwood Mac Iron On T Shirt 70s/80s EUC Stevie Nicks Hippie Boho
    Vintage Fleetwood Mac Iron On T Shi...
    $70
    Vintage 70s Levis Straight Leg Blue Jeans 34W x 33L Deadstock Orange Tab
    Vintage 70s Levis Straight Leg Blue...
    $44
    logo
    THE GRATEFUL DEAD Bertha Mid-70s Original Vintage T-Shirt Official Deadhead
    THE GRATEFUL DEAD Bertha Mid-70s Or...
    $96

Comments

1. fortapache fortapache, 3 months ago
      You are a hipster now.
    2. billretirecoll billretirecoll, 3 months ago
      Yeah Brian, my Hip keeps giving me a Stir! Ugh! not again! Thank you, and for the love too! A Mask in Hand does No Good! Wear it on your Face, and Stay Safe! :^)
    3. Newfld Newfld, 3 months ago
      Cool shirt & shades Bill, look at you, gr8 photo! Did you have a good time at your wife's reunion
    4. Golgatha Golgatha, 3 months ago
      Should be able to keep most women away.
    5. inky inky, 3 months ago
      Groovy!..Bill..peace!...:+))
    6. IronLace IronLace, 3 months ago
      Far out & groovy, Bill - & you'll make a "strike" for sure in that shirt!
      I did ten pin bowling for school sport when I was in high school in the 1980s but sadly I did not have a special bowling shirt, just school uniform & hired bowling shoes. It's a cool sport!
    7. billretirecoll billretirecoll, 3 months ago
      Thank you Jenni! :^D Yes it was Fun and Different, an After-Reunion, put on by a Classmate, because one was never organized by the School Class. A 1960's Themed Reunion, at a Home and Property that the Classmate Inherited, Catered, all 60's Music, and over 200 attended! It was nice to see a bunch of Old Folks, "Gettin' Down". and Back Up again! :^D I think there'll be more Walkers in the next one though! :^o

Golgatha, no worries there, my Wife took care of that! :^D

Thanks Rich, no Trippin' though! "I've fallen and I can't get up"! :^D

Thank you Marin, I really started Bowling in High School Sports too, and got hooked! :^D

Much thanks for all the loves given, Tim, Jenni, Kevin, Rich, and Ralph, it's appreciated! :^D Let's Stop COVID-19 by Wearing a Mask, and Keep Social Distancing! :^)
    8. billretirecoll billretirecoll, 3 months ago
      Hey Manikin, thank you for the love! :^D Wear a Mask, and Keep us All Well! :^)
    9. billretirecoll billretirecoll, 3 months ago
      Thanks for the love Lisa! :^D Wearing a mask when you leave your home is Smart, and can help to stop COVID-19! :^)
    10. Vynil33rpm Vynil33rpm, 3 months ago
      Bowling bowling bowling keep those doggies rolling
    11. billretirecoll billretirecoll, 3 months ago
      Thanks Vynil, more like "keep those Pins a falling" the Gutter is a Calling "Keep Out"! :^D

Thank you for the love that you gave, Vynil, and Patricia too! :^D Keep Safe, Stay out of the Gutter, and Wear a Mask! :^)
    12. kwqd kwqd, 3 months ago
      Before I retired, I only wore Hawaiian shirts to work Spring, Summer, Fall. I have 40 or 50 of them. I haven't worn one since I retired about 2 1/2 years ago.... Never owned a bowling shirt. I did shave off my beard, though, as I no longer begrudge the time it takes to shave..
    13. billretirecoll billretirecoll, 3 months ago
      Yeah Kevin, thanks, just the opposite for me, after retirement almost all Hawaiian Shirts, but the beard is 6mo. on and 6mo. off. This year "on" a little longer, I haven't shaved since March 17th, when the Stay at Home order began, and I don't know when I will shave, not suppose to touch your face! :^D

Thank you both Kevin, and aura, for the love! :^D Keep Well and others too, Wear a Mask! :^)
    14. billretirecoll billretirecoll, 3 months ago
      Penny, @ #5, sorry I thought I saw iggy, not inky! So this is for you! Thanks Penny, no Trippin' though! "I've fallen and I can't get up" Thanks for the love too! :^D

For Rich(iggy) Thanks for the love that you gave! It's appreciated! :^D Please Wear a Mask, lets stop the COVID-19 spread! :^)
    15. freiheit freiheit, 2 months ago
      You look happy; that's what I like the most:)
    16. billretirecoll billretirecoll, 2 months ago
      Thank you freiheit, I was Happy, and always try to be, harder these days, but still try to keep Smiling! :^D Thanks for the love that you gave also! Wear a Mask, so we can look ahead to Happier Days, with COVID-19 under control! :^)

17. valentino97 valentino97, 2 months ago
      LOVING all the posts from CW friends to you!! I love your bowler look, sorry for the delay with my Dad's shirt. I contacted his company but there weren't any bowling pictures from the late 50's-60's. I was hoping to add more to my story.
    18. Vynil33rpm Vynil33rpm, 2 months ago
      Mr. Bill I was thinking,I hope you didn’t think I intended to say something mean
      (Doggies) I was making a reference to the old television show Rawhide
      Keep those doggies rolling +bowling
      P.S. I think you’re in line for the Jerry Garcia look A like contest
    19. billretirecoll billretirecoll, 2 months ago
      Thank you my #1 Mary, yep lots of good People on CW! I wanted to post something else with my photo too, but showed enough, with one! :^D Thanks so much for the love that you gave my#1 Mary, and never any pressure to post! Stay Safe and Well, always Wear a Mask! We'll make it through this! :^)
    20. Vynil33rpm Vynil33rpm, 2 months ago
      But wait mr.Bill what about an answer to post number 18
    21. truthordare truthordare, 2 months ago
      Vynil, speaking of old TV shows, Mr.Bill was famous on Saturday Night Live.... never forgot the high pitched voice over who lamented all Mr. Bill's accidents.... HOOO! MR. BIIILLLL. lol.
    22. Vynil33rpm Vynil33rpm, 2 months ago
      Truthordare that is why whenever I meet somebody named Bill I always called them Mr. bill because of that Saturday night live Clay motion
      Incidentally a lot of people don’t know that was Ellen DeGeneres‘s little brother part of the Mr. Bill Team they made them in an apartment in New Orleans
      Then he was a local New Orleans band called the Cold in the 1970-80s
    23. truthordare truthordare, 2 months ago
      Vynil, I did not know that. Interesting. One of my favorites skits on SNL. Thank you.
    24. billretirecoll billretirecoll, 2 months ago
      Sorry Vynil, we must have posted at the same time, and I was heading out the door for the Flea Market! Yes I knew what you were singin' so I added the next line! Sing it baby! I couldn't think what else to write for another line though, no tune playin either! :^D And Thanks I really don't want to be 6' under for my Social distance! :^o I got that all the time though, and sometimes Robin Williams(don't know where that one came from)! The nicest was Tom Selleck in Magnum PI, when we were both much younger! :^D

As far as Mr. Bill goes, of course still get that if I leave a 7-1o Split Oh Noooo Mis-ter Billllll.... and this:

Thanks much Vynil, and Lisa, it's always fun until someone loses an eye! P^D Or if it's the letter I'm just Bll :^D Please Wear a Mask, while you bash! The life you Save could be Mine! :^)
    25. billretirecoll billretirecoll, 2 months ago
      Hi Leah, thanks for the love that you gave, very nice of you! :^D Keep Safe and Wear a Mask! :^)
    26. glassiegirl glassiegirl, 2 months ago
      TY-TY! Will do! Have to tell you when I look at your photo, I can't seem to get "The Dude, abides" out of my mind. lol (in an absolute good way!)
    27. billretirecoll billretirecoll, 2 months ago
      Jeff Bridges and Bowling! Ok Leah! :^D With a Mask on your Face, it's much more Safe, and when you Stay 6' apart! :^)
    28. Vynil33rpm Vynil33rpm, 2 months ago
      The big Lebowski ,,,in the kool Klub oF movies
    29. billretirecoll billretirecoll, 2 months ago
      Hi Daisy, thank you for the love that you gave! :^D Stay Safe, Wear a Mask, and Keep others Safe too! :^)
    30. billretirecoll billretirecoll, 2 months ago
      Hey MALKEY, thanks for stoppin by and bring a love! :^D Take Care and WEAR a Mask! :^)