Gardening delights, almost unnoticed.

All items10116 of 225290Antique Fire Extinguishers - Badger & Insurance Imperial Furniture Cabinet

Daisy1000Daisy1000 loves this.
Hoot60Hoot60 loves this.
valentino97valentino97 loves this.
glassiegirlglassiegirl loves this.
MALKEYMALKEY loves this.

Posted 10 months ago

Watchsearc…

A quick trip to the garden just to gather something for dinner led to the joy of seeing other creatures also gathering dinner!

Sunflowers were being visited by several kinds of bees....none of them paying me any attention as they loaded up on pollen. From a distance of only a few feet, they were hardly noticeable. I was glad to get up close to watch them “work”.

I was trying to catch a picture of the birds who are plucking seeds out of the sunflower heads but they are too fast for me.
    I was going to feed the seeds to the birds anyway so they are just saving me the trouble by helping themselves now.
    I did have the pleasure of spotting this 12 Spotted Lady Beetle though. She (or he) makes meals of aphids so they are very welcome to visit the garden. I never use chemical insecticides in the garden because they indiscriminately kill the beneficial insects along with the destructive ones....and I’ve learned a lesson or two....such as, Brussels Sprouts get absolutely devoured by some sneaky insects who will riddle a beautiful plant overnight with holes. So the lesson was: don’t bother planting Brussels Sprouts again.

Raccoons did knock over some cornstalks and ruin some corn but I fed the remains of those ears to my neighbors’ pig.... So, no big problem there....there’s enough for everybody.

Thanks for taking a look at some of Mother Nature’s tiny creatures in my garden....a kind of “living Yard Art”.

Comments

1. Newfld Newfld, 10 months ago
      Gorgeous sunflowers, they always make me smile. How great to grow your own veggies & kudos for only using natural sprays
    2. glassiegirl glassiegirl, 10 months ago
      Such a sweet posting. Warms my heart. Nothing like walking in your own garden to find all the wonderful gifts nature has to offer. Thanks, for sharing your colourful living art.
    3. Watchsearcher Watchsearcher, 10 months ago
      MALKEY, I’m always happy to see your visits to my posts...thank you for the love!

Newfld, thank you for the love also! I’m glad you liked the post. My thought about the insect/garden situation is that it will usually take care of itself....you know, the “bug-eat- bug “ world.
      At one time I had a problem with mealy bugs on some potted orchids in the house but I “patrolled” with a flashlight and q-tips dipped in alcohol until I finally got rid of 2 or 3 generations of them.
      Alcohol and dish soap worked as a effective spray when some tiny speck-size bugs infested some Hen and Chick plants over-wintering indoors.
      Thank you so much!

glassie girl, I appreciate the love and your sweet comment also. I’m very glad you enjoyed it!
    4. valentino97 valentino97, 10 months ago
      Thank you for sharing these garden events. :-)
    5. Hoot60, 10 months ago
      In my book, there is absolutely no collectible more valuable than what nature has to offer....nice post :)
    6. McCoyNelson McCoyNelson, 10 months ago
      That's a big lady lol
    7. Watchsearcher Watchsearcher, 9 months ago
      Thank you, valentino97, for the lovely comment! I’m very happy to share! Thanks for the love!

Hoot60, thanks for the love and comment! I totally agree!

McCoyNelson, I appreciate the love and the comment! Many thanks!

8. Watchsearcher Watchsearcher, 9 months ago
      fortapache
      racer4four
      Brunswick
      kwqd
      aura
      I appreciate the loves you all gave my post!

9. Theonlyone Theonlyone, 5 months ago
      I'm ready for a salad.. '- ))...yum , yum...... nice post..
    10. Watchsearcher Watchsearcher, 5 months ago
      PhilDMorris, thank you for the love!

11. Watchsearcher Watchsearcher, 5 months ago
      Theonlyone, thank you for the love and for taking a moment to comment! You could have had a salad while I sneaked out and loaded your car up with tomatoes while you weren’t looking.
    12. Theonlyone Theonlyone, 5 months ago
      ok I'll be over tomorrow ...'-))..lol have a great day..
    13. couldbe couldbe, 4 months ago
      nice photos....and garden ...
    14. Watchsearcher Watchsearcher, 4 months ago
      Couldbe, Thank you! I’m really missing it now with this cold bleak weather.